Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for an agent in Canada  (Read 5920 times)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
Looking for an agent in Canada
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
If we have any members in Canada who are willing to be an agent for me, please send me a PM.

Thanks!
 ;D
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Looking for an agent in Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »
Crimson SJ? I want one of those too...
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »
yup me too.. ;D
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »
I looked, Toronto is only about 9 hours from me...if everyone chips in for gas, I'll go, grab a bunch, load up the van, and bring them back.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
Definitely on my to-do list when I head to Montreal this summer.  $C47.99 isn't too steep.
Uncommon sense seeker

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:01:09 AM »
If anyone figures out how to get them I'm in for one. Keep me updated please.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »
Where can I get a look at these Crimson SJ's?  Could someone post a link please.  :)
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:49 AM »
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/weber-smokey-joe-gold-grill-crimson/862054

I did an online chat last night with someone from that Canada site about buying one and having it shipped to my house (I pay shipping because I knew they wouldn't do a free "ship to store") and they basically said, "No can do".

I'm going to stop by the local HD today and see if i can sweet talk the pretty lady who works at the service desk to work some magic for me.    (cough, cough)   :-*

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
I was thinking about going to my Home Depot also,I don't think it'll work but its worth a try.
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors.   I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.

Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well.  Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!

Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers.    There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us.    :-[

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors.   I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.

Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well.  Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!

Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers.    There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us.    :-[

The European market does have its subtle differences than the US. My wife who works in the fashion industry, both in US and Europe, is always telling me how the vendors in Europe won't even buy stuff unless its in some new sleek color. So companies who want the business, make what the customers there demand. I'll bet that Weber has done their market research and realize that a black kettle doesn't sell very well in Europe, so they make them pretty. Sorry Marty...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:00:25 PM by tattooedant »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 02:04:13 PM »

"  Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!"

There's one now!!!!!!

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »

"  Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!"

There's one now!!!!!!

I have access to a forklift. Send that truck my way and I'll take good care of it. Haha
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »

The European market does have its subtle differences than the US. My wife who works in the fashion industry, both in US and Europe, is always telling me how the vendors in Europe won't even by stuff unless its in some new sleek color. So companies who want the business, make what the customers there demand. I'll bet that Weber has done their market research and realize that a black kettle doesn't sell very well in Europe, so they make them. Sorry Marty...

This is true. I dug up the following stats from an old post:

The BBQ market in the UK is unlike that in the US. Women almost account for the majority of grillers: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/barbecue-man-toast-women-grab-2392753 and the average family that own's a bbq is in the 75th percentile of the income distribution: http://www.marketresearchworld.net/content/view/51/

That's quite different that the US.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »

It looks the same as the euro one to me.

http://www.wowbbq.co.uk/products/weber-smokey-joe-premium-crimson--1123004.html

There is also the charcoal one.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA