Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Perving!  (Read 1229 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Kettle Perving!
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »
Today I was in an isolated part of the county for a few hours. I decided that it would be a good time to cruise around and see if I could find any interesting kettles.
This area is mostly mobile homes on small lots, so there aren't many places to hide stuff. If the residents have anything, it is out in the open. I soon discovered that this place seems to be where old "El Cheapo Brinkmann" smokers and no name gassers go to die. Some yards had three or four examples of this junk. I was getting bored.
Just as I was about to give up I found this behind an old motorhome:

Even with the lawnmower wheels this old Pat.# MBH has some style. Especially when sitting next to a washing machine tub/fire pit!;D

I was finally getting somewhere. Imagine my surprise when a couple of blocks later I found this:

This redhead OTS has an E code(1983) on the vent. After reading Gummi's article on the one-touch system, I believe that would be the first year that they were available. This one is still in use, there are fresh ashes in the pan.

I wonder what I will find next week?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:46:45 PM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Perving!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:28:10 PM »
Good sleuthing.
Watch out for old ladies with double barrel shotguns.

:o

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Perving!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:29 AM »
JC I need that redhead!! I am going to need to make a cold call on that beauty.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.