Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spring 2014 West Coast WKC meet master thread  (Read 60990 times)

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
Re: Spring 2014 West Coast WKC meet master thread
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
I'd probably drive my truck off the road if I saw that pass me on the highway!   ;D

Funny you should say that, we had to stop at a produce "stand" on the way down and as we were leaving we drove past
a couple that were lurking by their truck and the man looked up at us and I read his lips as he said holy shit and then gawked
at the kettle fest going by. I had a pretty good chuckle at that.  8)
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2014, 03:44:15 AM »
Wow, some real masterchefs there!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:13 AM »
What a day and what a feast!! Great to see everyone out enjoying themselves. And Buckie i don't think I've ever said this to another man before but i'd love to eat one of your turds!!!
As usual great work with the camera L
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2014, 07:30:26 AM »
Gummi...great pics.

Too all the members that made all that amazing looking food...SUPER JOB! It all looked so good.  Wish I was there to meet you and sample it all.   
That trailer loaded with kettles was awesome.  I can only imagine what people thought when they saw it pass by. 

All 8 of you are invited to the Chicago meet...to make food and serve us!  :)
Kettle collector AND cooker!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2014, 07:53:23 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys. Last but definately NOT least are the kettle pics. Enjoy!

Kettles with funny bases and propane thingiemajiggers.

Glossy red, Two tone red, crimson, dull red, metameric effect. discuss.

And for the finale.....

That's all folks!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »
Wow!  Where to start...  At the beginning I guess

Gummi - thanks for the idea and for providing us an excuse to get together with the Spring (or whenever we want to) West Coast WKC meet.  I vote for "whenever we want to" from now on.  It sounds like the local Weber folks want to get involved - I sent you an email to that effect.  Good job.

It was an honor to ride herd with Buckie and Mirkwood in the "kettle train" from Sac to Napa.  To be honest, I am going to need a bigger trailer as we left the VAST majority of Buckies collection behind.  That said, it was a great trip up and back with no kettle casualties along the way.  I would ride with these guys any day.

What a great time we had with all the members we had not yet met.  Because of the time spent on this forum, it seemed like we had known each other for a long time and were simply reuniting.  Everyone contributed to the food, conversation, and fun.  We educated a few visitors as well, and hopefully created some new Weber customers.  I know we all left with new, deeper friendships.

For the record - Argentflame and I won 3 out of 3 corn hole matches and each took home a bag of KBB as a prize.  We will happily defend our crown at the next meet.

Speaking of Argentflame - that ranch kettle was one of the most impressive sights of the day.  It was the first time I have seen one in person - what an amazing cooking beast it is.  You can literally have 3 people cooking on it at the same time very comfortably.  Awesome!

The food was incredible.  I ate so much that I had to lay down in my recliner from time to time.  I am in awe of the cooking skills of this group.

Gummi - the pictures are, as always, the best!  In case I have not told you lately, you have skills.  Thank you my friend for capturing the moment.

Cheers,

Winz

In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2014, 10:07:04 AM »
Well said Winz!

Although, I want an American Cornhole Association representative to verify the wax consistency between the two corn hole platforms before the next tournament    :o

Dude, relax your chicken.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »
The food was incredible.  I ate so much that I had to lay down in my recliner from time to time.  I am in awe of the cooking skills of this group.

Gummi - the pictures are, as always, the best!  In case I have not told you lately, you have skills.  Thank you my friend for capturing the moment.

The pleasure was all mine. And Winz speaks the truth-

;D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »
Well said Winz!

Although, I want an American Cornhole Association representative to verify the wax consistency between the two corn hole platforms before the next tournament    :o

Slippin' & aslidin'.....long-about a Saturday nite.............they did seem somewhat different as viewed thru my bacon-induced haze.................  8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
Simply Amazing!

First great job guys! Big points for the color and diversity. The food looked excellent and more than likely the best yet at any WKC meet, but hey it's California what did you expect, Sassage!?. ;) I also like that trading table and Alfonso's yellow with table and shelf is also a first seen anywhere other than the old catalog. Buckies Watermelon Cake, turds and awesome shirt collection were really cool, but it's the cooking demo he gave that brought forth the true Weber legend that he is. That trailer Winz brought Mirk and Buckie in loaded down with kettles was top notch. Man! Would I have loved to have some of those fresh oysters that Argent brought. The picture of them next to that paella was mouthwatering. Dazzo's gasser with OG wok put out some first class pancit.

A special thanks to Lawrence for organizing that incredible meet.

There's more to come, stay tuned. 8)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »
It was so much fun. We should do another meet as we have missed some members that were not able to make it. This is the first meet to show 4 Performers. Thanks for mentioning that to me Gummi. Just amazing.

Big B

• WKC Brave
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »
Friggin awesome!!!!!. Looks like it was a fun time. With all that good food, hope no one got "food drunk", man it looks good! Nice job guys. Sweet pics Gummi
Brent

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2014, 07:23:26 PM »
It was a blast and I'm so glad I went. My friends wanted me to go drag racing but I said I had a WKC event to go to! Yes Winz and ArgentFlame you are the winniers, I'm with Dazzo that something was up with the surfaces ( wax consistency) yes we need to be the officials from corn hole platforms. It was allot  to play. Man that truck looks great behind Winz!!!! It's got a hemi.

Thanks again Gummie and I had a great time looking over the shoulders of all the cooks 1Buckie, Mirkwood , Winz,Dazzo and Argentflame.

CD
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
Nice!  Wish I could have been there.  Killer assortment of grills and food.  You guys could have fed an army that day!
WTB 18 fruit

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2014, 07:34:14 PM »
Winz deep in the early stage of the Paella zone

Master chef 1buckie holding class

The boys operating a skewer assembly line

Just a random cooking area shot

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:57:49 PM by mirkwood »
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..