Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gas assist.  (Read 1739 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Gas assist.
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
A couple of points I would like to mention. Firstly, do your Performers come like this with the Primus bottle now?

Secondly, I scored one of these from China on e-Prey for about $5 AU landed. Has anyone used their performer using the butane bottles?

The way I figure it, two butane bottles cost me about a buck each. Two of them give me about the same weight of gas as one of the Weber canisters at $15 each.

Thoughts?

Sent from another Galaxy using Mental Telepathy

If it breathes, we can cook it!

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
Re: Gas assist.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:01:08 PM »
Mine and I would say all US Performers use this type or we use a bulk tank adaptor

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »
How much is it to refill the Primus bottle?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
How much is it to refill the Primus bottle?

Depends where you go. But it couldn't be more than about five bucks! I get a really good rate from my usual place, but have yet to fill the Primus bottle. They just need the right fitting.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:42:33 PM »
Mine and I would say all US Performers use this type or we use a bulk tank adaptor

I know that they use the Coleman type, but that picture I got from the Weber site somewhere. I thought maybe the newer models had that fitting.

Does the Weber Q take the Coleman canister as well?

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:02:53 AM »
The 220 and under do, the 300/320 have the bulk tank line as a standard item
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..