Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A few things that I find invaluable .  (Read 1867 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
A few things that I find invaluable .
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »
I got these for Christmas.....I have been away from the forum for awhile so I am late posting pics. I guess there really isn't anything to say about the Thermapen....if you have ever used one you know what I mean....FAST! The iGrill is just Too Cool For School! I have the two probes so I could use the second one to monitor the temp of the grill but I have not used it for that yet since I use the Thermometer on the lid....even though it is off by 50 degrees....I know it is off by 50 degrees so some simple math gets me by. I have the iGrill paired with my iPhone so I can keep tabs on my meat temperatures from about 300 feet away by bluetooth. My Thermapen is so much faster than my old digital thermometer that I would never waste money on any other kind again!

I also got the Smokenator/Hovergrill too. I have used the Smokenator once for a Butt and once for something else which I can't remember right now....but I used it as a heat shield and didn't use it with a water pan like I did when I did up the butt. I am very happy with it so far. I LOVE the Hovergrill! I have used it for baking several times....I have not used it for ribs yet but I have used it for pizza and for German pancakes and will use it for anything that needs to be closer to the dome during a cook.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Re: A few things that I find invaluable .
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
Those are my top 2 weapons of choice as well. I've had my iGrill for about a year and use it all the time. I wish it had better range, but it is an awesome tool.....especially being able to email the graphs of each cook to myself for reference. I've only had my thermapen for about a month, but WOW, what a great tool. I use it almost every night, weather I'm grilling or cooking in the kitchen
-Keith

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: A few things that I find invaluable .
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
I have an iGrill and the interface is really slick. The buttons and the ui on the unit itself is kinda clunky but it works.

They are releasing a second gen model that looks really nice. http://store.idevicesinc.com/igrill2/

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791