Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Copper kettles available!  (Read 8141 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Re: Copper kettles available!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
When you ordered the parts, did you specify the bowl with the provision for the gas assist tube?

Jeff - I gave them the weber copper performer part number, which I believe is unique to the perfomer.  On the schematic, it shows the gas assist hole.  My assumption is that it will be the correct part.

I am going to clean up the SS performer cart that I modified (Extenze post), so it will be nice and shiny when the new bowl/lid/bale show up.  Will snap some pictures when it is all together.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
You know they make the Performer with gas assist, AND without correct?   The model Performer without gas assist obviously won't have the hole for the burner.  I'd hate to see the wrong bowl show up.  Probably wouldn't hurt to double check that if you haven't already.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
You know they make the Performer with gas assist, AND without correct?   The model Performer without gas assist obviously won't have the hole for the burner.  I'd hate to see the wrong bowl show up.  Probably wouldn't hurt to double check that if you haven't already.

Yep.  The performer platinum has gas assist - the gold and silver performers do not.  I ordered the platinum bowl which has the gas assist capability. 

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »
You know what would be cool? A copper performer that was modded into steam punk style.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
I wonder how long it will be before someone puts one of the new performer colors into a ss cart?

Jeff,

Funny you should ask.  Parts are on the way (copper).

Winz

I can't wait to see the pics either. My first thought upon hearing the news of the copper performer was to score one and place the bowl in an SS as I think it'll look freakin' fantastic, but I've since decided to focus on getting a 26er first. Your photos will carry me through for a bit!
Uncommon sense seeker

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
I cant wait to see these in person. Especially the Crimson.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »

Wife surprised me with this otg tonight. Look in the background.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
Wife surprised me with this otg tonight. Look in the background.
That's great! I did chocolate martinis. Your copper OTG will last a lot longer. Those girls are cute!  We had two boys but now have one grandson and one granddaughter. :D
kettles, smokers...

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
DAAAYYYUUM!! :o  That's a Happy Valentines Day if I've ever seen one! I had to buy myself another grillbrush and pack of wax cubes for my Weber themed V-Day...

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
Sounds like you had a great day, Ted!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791