Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hover Grill  (Read 2580 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Hover Grill
« on: February 08, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
I finally got a chance to use the Hover Grill that came with the Smokenator I got for Christmas.....Great for elevating pizza up in the dome area while doing up some pies( That's homemade Italian sausage on that pizza).

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Hover Grill
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:44:13 AM »
that looks very good!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:07:54 AM »
Hey OTP, long time no see! Great cook as usual. Does it crisp up better close to the lid?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
Yes it does crisp up better. The top of the pizza will cook at the same speed as the bottom so you get even baking and the cast iron helps get a nice crunch on the bottom. The heat is higher towards the top of the grill so you get temps more suited to making pizza. I pull the pizza from the grill as soon as the bottom of the crust gets golden brown or just past.....By the time I get it inside and get ready to pull it off the pizza pan...it will brown a little more, I try to get it off as soon as I can so that the cast iron will not keep cooking the bottom longer than I want. I have never used a pizza stone, and don't really have any desire to either....for one thing I can use my pizza pan or my skillets for other things besides just pizza and I don't have to worry about breaking cast iron due to mishap or temperature changes....I never preheat the pan/crust either....just put the cold pizza/pan on once the kettle is heated up.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!