Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: An even better kettle screen shot.....  (Read 2012 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
An even better kettle screen shot.....
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »
Here's an unbelievably cool vintage kettle screen shot. There is an old episode of Adam-12. It is season 3 episode 7. The title of the episode is called: "Have a nice weekend". It originally aired on November 7, 1970. If you go to approximately the 18:40 and 20:40 minute marks respectively, you can clearly see a very sweet looking, vintage 26'er with steel wheels and a vintage Weber work table connected to it.

It may be a 22, but the size of the big steel wheels makes it look like a 26 for sure. In the scene, the two cops are walking around someone's back patio looking for the culprit and the Weber in sitting right there in plain view. Really cool to see. If you subscribe to Netflix, Adam 12 is on instant view so you can watch it directly from your TV or computer. Adam 12 might also be playing on Hulu, Amazon Prime, or some other service as well. I'm not sure though. I saw it on Netflix. If anyone else gets a chance to see this, please give me your thoughts on whether this is a 22 or 26. Looks like a 26 to me.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: An even better kettle screen shot.....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:53:44 AM »

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 04:13:40 AM »
Good eye.....definitely a 26 based on the 8" wheels, shape of the ash pan, and the low position of the pan on the legs.  That would look nice on my patio.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:18:59 AM »
Whoa! Nice! Looks like a round top 26! Probably had thumbscrews. I have this show and Emergency in my queue.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »
It's too bad Adam-12 wasn't filmed in HD like shows are today. Who knows, we might even be able to read the vent off the lid? lol.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:55:06 AM »
It's too bad Adam-12 wasn't filmed in HD like shows are today. Who knows, we might even be able to read the vent off the lid? lol.

If it aired in 1970 there's a good chance it was shot on Film.  If it was shot on Film then all they need to do is a new scan on it.  35mm Film stock has a grain fine enough that it's equal in detail to shooting an image at 8k.  8k Would be 8192 x 4608, which is what higher than the 1920 x 1080 for HD TVs.