Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizzahacker in SF  (Read 5908 times)

salad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizzahacker in SF
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 10:49:56 AM »
MacEggs,
So what is the top cooking grate resting on?  Is it the KP handle hardware or did you have to drill more holes for hardware for the grate to sit on?  That's what I had in mind but wasn't sure if it would work.  Apparently, it does!
Also, do you find that the kettle gets too hot with all the coal banked against the wall like that?  I'd be afraid of crazing a bowl.
This is inspiring.  A dedicated pizza kettle would be sweet. 
WTB 18 fruit

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 10:56:46 AM »
What if you put a round pan of charcoal on top instead of the bricks? I estimate that it would be more efficient than waiting to heat up the bricks
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
MacEggs,
So what is the top cooking grate resting on?  Is it the KP handle hardware or did you have to drill more holes for hardware for the grate to sit on?  That's what I had in mind but wasn't sure if it would work.  Apparently, it does!
Also, do you find that the kettle gets too hot with all the coal banked against the wall like that?  I'd be afraid of crazing a bowl.
This is inspiring.  A dedicated pizza kettle would be sweet.

Yes, it is the KP handle hardware, as well as the hardware that attaches the piece together. No drilling required.  :) :)
The kettle gets very hot ... I buried the needle. Check out this thread of mine when I first fired it up, plus the second time.
I now have a dedicated pizza kettle for this purpose. I recommend the KP adaptor. Lots of fun!  :D

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/food-pr0n/kettlepizza-first-time-firing-it-up/

What if you put a round pan of charcoal on top instead of the bricks? I estimate that it would be more efficient than waiting to heat up the bricks

Good question ... however, I cannot answer it.
I don't necessarily wait for the brick to heat up, I wait for the kettle and the pizza stone to heat up.
I figure that the bricks are heating up during this process. I gotta say that pizza cooks fast with this set-up.
Have not been disappointed yet.  :D

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.