Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Here is a serious looking rotisserie  (Read 1111 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Here is a serious looking rotisserie
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
Check this video out. Here is a rotisserie for a Fire Magic gas grill. This thing is turning a whole pig. I have Weber's biggest and baddest gas grill - the S-670. I hate to say this, but as much as I love Weber products, they aren't even close to a Fire Magic grill.  ....of course there is also a 12K-14K price tag that goes along with it. Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPxvesv24XQ
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Here is a serious looking rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
Horses for courses. Looks like a great grill if you're doing a whole pig or half a dozen turkeys. I would dearly love to find a Summit cheap but find that a Silver A actually meets my needs. And for a pig, I'd prefer to cook over live fire anyway.
kettles, smokers...

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Re: Here is a serious looking rotisserie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »
Agreed! Few people want the big Summit and even fewer actually need one. I'll bet that Weber sells fewer 670 Summits than Ranch Kettles? Personally, I think Weber ought to combine their three gas lines into one. I mean seriously, look at a Spirit 310 and a Genesis 310? What's the difference? Slightly bigger grill space - that's it! Look at a Genesis S-330 and a Summit S-420. What's the difference? An extra burner? Now there isn't even a side burner on the Genesis anymore. That was done to force you to step up to the Summit 420.

Weber should discontinue the Spirit 310 and 320 and the Genesis 310. They should move the side burner back to the Genesis 330 and discontinue the Summit 420 line. They should offer one 2 burner entry level Spirit, one 3 burner mid-line Genesis, and the Summit in 470 and 670 only.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"