Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally received the Budwiser Smokey Joe - Damaged  (Read 4003 times)

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
Finally received the Budwiser Smokey Joe - Damaged
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:29:57 PM »
Because of poor packaging. They had the lid inside the bowl with nothing in between for protection. I'm surprised there was not a big ring around the whole lid. I believe the damage came from the bowl and lid resting on the legs that were on the bottom of the box, in a plastic bag. The bag has a hole in it from rubbing the grill. It will most likely be going back to the shipper. There are chips all over the bottom of the grill box. It sucks that some people can't take a few minutes to protect something they are selling. A beautiful grill ruined !!! The big mark is a little bit bigger than a quater. The ash pan was thrown inside the chair box(why), unprotected and got damaged also. The outside carton was not even damaged so, it was total neglect in packing the grill.

Bill    Looking for a Yellow

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Finally received the Budwiser Smokey Joe - Damaged
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
 >:( :'(

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
 :o :o   DOH!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:(  Is it insured?

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
Insured for $100. But if UPS came out and looked at it, the outside carton is not even damaged. So I don't know how that will go. I emailed the shipper, see what happens.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
Bummer....an SJ is one of the easier grills to pack for shipping too.  Hopefully it works out for you. 

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »
On the bright side, Welcome to the Budweiser 'Joe club!  8)  Terry (landgraftj)and I are "members". Troy used to have one but I think that is the one that Terry has now.  ;)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »
Here's my ebay saga. I hope it helps..................

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/red-snap-on-cga-on-ebay/

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
I remember that one well. When I won my red BUD SJ, I was nervous as hell when I was waiting for it to arrive. (ebay too) about 3 years ago. It was unopened in the original box. Sadly, it has since sustained a small chip on the lip of the lid... very similar in size to the one on yours. It was my own dumb doing when I nicked it with one of my Weber work tables I was hanging up/storing on the wall...  :(  Man was I P.O'd!"    Oh well, its being turned into a mini red bullet. Now if my other red SJ (from 1973) get so much as a scratch, a grown man will cry.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:01:54 PM by Craig »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »
That sucks.  I hate stories like this.  I remember when Duke got his red GA and it came damaged.  Such a disappointment when you open the package and having a priceless piece damaged.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 02:45:01 AM »
Wow I'd be pissed if my grill showed up like that. I wouldn't take anything less than a full refund. And yes, you are correct Craig, I have troy's red bud!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 03:36:49 AM »
Mate that sucks. Very sorry to hear that. Hope you get it sorted with the seller.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:02:36 AM »
Blackdog,

About a month ago I got a 18.5 Sam Adams OTS on eBay.  The grill was listed as pristine, however, the seller did not do a good job packing the grill and the lid sustained a deep scratch during shipping.  I contacted the seller then opened a case in the eBay Resolution Center.  Fortunately, the seller was a good guy and I was able to get a full refund without eBay having to mediate.  You may want to try the eBay Resolution Center if you can't recover your money from the shipper.  Good luck.

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
Weber md, did you have to pay the shipping, to send it back? They said they would refund my money, so I asked if they would send a UPS call tag to pick it up. That's where I am at now. I don't want to pay shipping for nothing received.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »
A chill just went up my spine as I just suffered through a case with Ebay Buyer Protection - and I was the seller. Sold a nice older Denon turntable to a guy, who described exactly how he wanted the thing packed and shipped. I got stiffed out of some shipping cost as the estimator on Ebay sucks, and I bought extra materials per the buyers detailed instructions. The thing was packaged perfectly, and the guy even said it came through unharmed. A couple days later he claimed (via Ebay Buyer Protection) that the turntable did not work and demanded his money back. I filed a claim with UPS, and they determined that nothing happened in shipping. Of course, by that time, Ebay had frozen my PayPal account until the case was resolved. Not cool. I suspect the guy swapped out a few parts from mine into one he already had, or more likely dropped it, (a week after he had it he sent me a note to say "did you notice that it looks like it got dropped?",  and gave me back a lemon, but Ebay simply gave him his money back without considering my side of the story. I suppose I could appeal, but I don't need the aggravation, and Ebay would have given me a black mark on my sellers rating for even asking. I will never sell vintage electronics on Ebay again, and I'll think twice about selling anything on Ebay given this experience.

OK, I'm done...serenity now...

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »
Weber md, did you have to pay the shipping, to send it back? They said they would refund my money, so I asked if they would send a UPS call tag to pick it up. That's where I am at now. I don't want to pay shipping for nothing received.

I paid to ship it back.  Seller paid for item plus the shipping he charged me when he shipped it.