Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meatapolozza  (Read 5475 times)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Meatapolozza
« on: September 18, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »
A couple of times a year my friends and I get together and grill a bunch of meat and have the ladies provide the salads/sides.  This year we had smoked pork tenderloin, 5lb prime rib, glazed salmon, get their attention shrimp(found here thanks bama bbq), zesty Parmesan crusted mussels(thanks Larry), beef tenderloin kabobs, baby back ribs, country style ribs, slow cooked chicken, and a variation of wolf turds.   

I attached pictures of the Performers.  Sorry I didn't take pics of the food.  I was a little busy grilling and I've never been a photo guy.  I'm trying to change that but old habits are hard to break.  Anyway enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/117188523082884383089/Meatapolozza?authkey=Gv1sRgCIafwaGY97jLpgE

You may recognize the blue one from here  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/show-your-pit!/105/    Just scroll down until you see the butcher block table. 

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Meatapolozza
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
The only way I can describe that is fucking awesome! Pardon my French, but that is a really awesome get together.....Do you have to have a colored performer?  Do you have to have a performer to attend?  What is the deal, is it family or friends?  How do you guys have so many performers?  That is like the perfect Weber advertisement.  A bunch of people getting together for fun and food cooking on a bunch of Webers.  Awesome, just awesome.  Next time take pictures of the food!   I want to see smoking grills and good looking food..

Brian
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:04:59 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
Hey did I see one of my wooden handles in there?  I'm glad a little part of me could be there.  God that makes me jealous it looks like so much fun......

Brian
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:10:33 PM by zavod44 »

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
It all started about three years ago.  We all started with 18.5" blacks, then I found a 22.5" red and it went from there.  I found my brick red one on CL and my 5 buddies had to have one.  3 of the guys found them on CL as well, 1 found one that his customer was planning on selling and rescued it,  and 1 just couldn't wait and went out and bought the first non-black one he could find, which happened to be green. 

Most of us were using gas and just not happy with the results.  After I bought my first 18.5" and we all cooked on it a couple times, we knew that charcoal was for us. 

You don't have to have a colored performer or a performer at all, it just worked out that way.  We made a point of making sure that they were all there and ready for their photo shoot. :)

And I know, I know.. I am getting better at pictures just for you Brian! ;D

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »
Hey did I see one of my wooden handles in there?  I'm glad a little part of me could be there.  God that makes me jealous it looks like so much fun......

Brian

There was a least two of your handles in attendance.  There should've been a third but some one is lazy about finishing it. >:(

And they are saaawwweeettt!  Thank you!!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
Nice....if the others want wood handles, you let me know, I'll give them an awesome deal just because I freaking love that get together you guys do!

Brian

Big B

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
Awesome pictures Ted...Thanks for taking some,.....man that was a good day, can't wait to do it again. Sure was cool to see all the Webers together in one place!!!!!
Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
I am WoW'D! Some of those look like 26" SS. I am new, do they exist?

Greg

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:47 AM »
I am WoW'D! Some of those look like 26" SS. I am new, do they exist?

Greg

They are all 22.5" performers.  I don't know if there are 26ers.  I'm new to this as well.  Pretty much everything I know was learned at this site.  I would love a 26er performer though, that would be sweet!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
Holy crap that is awesome!!! It's like a smorgasbord of Performers!! Nice colors and wood handles!! SUPER-JEALOUS!!  :D

Craig

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 06:20:46 PM »
Meatapolozza, I LOVE IT! We should have one of these, but in January... just to show how hardy are in MN :P

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
That looks like a lot of fun.  I think that extension board on the blue one is great.  I also like the wood handles added to the stainless tables.  Nice touches.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 03:55:40 AM »
That looks like a lot of fun.  I think that extension board on the blue one is great.  I also like the wood handles added to the stainless tables.  Nice touches.

Big B made the wood handles on the stainless steel tables.  They complete Brian's handles. 

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »
Epic, Ted.  Just absolutely and completely epic.  Thanks for the beautiful vision of lovely goodness.  I hereby swear that I will get my grilling friends together for something similar (not as colorful or Performery, but still awesome). 
One of the charcoal people.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »
Epic, Ted.  Just absolutely and completely epic.  Thanks for the beautiful vision of lovely goodness.  I hereby swear that I will get my grilling friends together for something similar (not as colorful or Performery, but still awesome).

This was the fourth or fifth time we got together in this way and the first time any of us had a performer(and for some a weber ::)).  In a month we are competing in a charity tailgate comp and will have all the kettles out as well.  Tailgating is the theme and we are doing a Big Ten theme with all the different colors, while highlighting UM and MSU.  I will post pics then.

Thanks guys.