Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Swap with G....Please Welcome the Wood Dale  (Read 4696 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Swap with G....Please Welcome the Wood Dale
« on: October 31, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »
I sent G a goodie... and he sent me this...an 18.5" Wood Dale....A fun swap.

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: Swap with G....Please Welcome the Wood Dale
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
That is a beautiful Grill.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 08:23:13 AM »
No offense Stephen, but I would love to see better photos of your kettles. Of course, that's like the pot calling the kettle black as I'm no expert, but your collection (among others here in the club)  is worthy of some professional treatment. Lawrence, Jeff and I have talked about staging something like that, but it has not happened yet. I don't have a solution, but somewhere down the line it would be so nice to record our kettles for posterity in a manner befitting their significance. Maybe you know a photographer/hobbyist that could help out? Maybe we need to stage a typical shoot that we can all try to emulate. I have a link to a guy who did his own setup for photographing bicycles, and it's kind of what I'm thinking. I may have posted the link before somewhere, but I'll dig it up and post it again.

Nice 18 Woodie by the way!

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:31:17 AM »
Absolutely no offense taken.  Yes, there needs to be an improvement here.  #1 My wife and I need to invest in a nice camera.  We do have a professional photographer who lives in our subdivision.  It would be nice to get some professional pictures of the grills.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:53:48 AM »
Very nice. What a beautiful kettle.

I say the picture idea is a great one. I would add that it being a professional picture is also good but as I have dealt with professional photographers when doing a few a magazine and tech articles for some auto industry publications they seem to get a little to carried away with the art side of the photos and not what you want as the technical side. Just my two cents on that. I would like to see good photos of the technical bits of the kettles for good documentation.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »
I will take donations to fly to GA, and document kettles. I'm not a pro but I do ok. I also know the kettle technical bits to focus on. ;)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »
I will take donations to fly to GA, and document kettles. I'm not a pro but I do ok. I also know the kettle technical bits to focus on. ;)

Do we need to start operation fly gummi to GA!?!? If so I put my name in to be his assistant ;D
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 09:11:38 AM »
I've been exchanging emails with your friend Lawrence. Finding it gard to match schedules up. Mt family photo us about 3 years old. I need a new one since I have a few more grills since then.

Harris...how many Dales do you have now?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
I've been exchanging emails with your friend Lawrence. Finding it gard to match schedules up. Mt family photo us about 3 years old. I need a new one since I have a few more grills since then.

Harris...how many Dales do you have now?

Jeff, I think you'll need a taller ladder, a bucket truck, or a elevator genie to fit all your kettles in an overhead view.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »
It isn't everyday you see an 18.5 woodie in that condition. Nice addition to the woodie stable Harris!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »
Ah yes - here's the link: (not all of this would apply to kettles, but it looks doable on a budget for most of us)

http://www.raydobbins.com/photosetup.htm

I think both studio shots and kettles in their natural habitat are valuable. For the really rare stuff, a white background would provide the best record IMHO. Obviously, both is best!

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 10:00:41 AM »
VERY nice Harris !!
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
That's really nice, Harris. Can you post up a pic of the ash catcher u and lock?

Marty, that Eddy Merckx is sweet.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »
A Moltini-orange kettle would be soooooo nice...

I had Merckx's autograph on a racing photo of him - gave it to a bike builder friend in Baltimore a while back. Merckx was a cannibal!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Swap with G....Please Welcome the Wood Dale
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 09:24:11 PM »
That's a sweet Woodie, Harris!