Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stumpy! or My E-code Smokey Joe  (Read 1158 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Stumpy! or My E-code Smokey Joe
« on: October 20, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
I recently acquired this old SJ. It was filthy, scratched up,sunburned and bent.
Unfortunately, I didn't remember to get any "before" pictures, but you can use your imagination.

I spent today cleaning and straightening the little guy the best that I could. I had one of my favorite old movies playing while I worked; "Rio Bravo" starring John Wayne, Dean martin, Ricky Nelson and Angie Dickinson. If you are not familiar, this film has Walter Brennan playing a toothless, well weathered old man with ragged clothes and a limp. This lovable character is named Stumpy.
I washed, scraped,rubbed, oiled, buffed and fought with one leg that was not long enough anymore. I decided that the little old guy reminded me of the other little old guy!

This is what he looks like cleaned up. Not a museum piece, but not bad for a thirty year old cooker!

Now I may have to name the rest of them! ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
Re: Stumpy! or My E-code Smokey Joe
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:46:20 PM »
That came up nice!!!
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Very nice JC. Stumpy looks good. I know that movie and have it in my personal collection.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:17:12 PM »
I love Rio Bravo.

"How you like them apples?"