Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: IM DONE....Seville cart. plum pic added  (Read 11134 times)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: IM DONE....Seville cart finished pics
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
That looks friggin awesome! Have you decided what kettle will make its way into it yet?

Thank you. I would love to have a time period correct tabbed blue. Robins egg blue if I can dream out loud. Realistic thoughts tho... I will have a painted OTG with gas assist. Stealth gas line install. Hidden gas bottle. I have been thinking of a snazzy way to mount kettle and hide SS style mounts and make sure I don't scratch anything.

If anyone was curious I had this powder coated. Not painted.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Beef

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »

Great Journey!  Looks fantastic.

I am about to stretch my new rubber tires on the rims of my freshly coated seville.  What is your secret for getting the rubber on the wheels?

I am stumped.   I may try heating to 200 degree, and then hoping they are pliable enough to stretch on.

I suspend a vintage non-original kettle in mine by making a triangle of chain and putting the kettle into it like a hammock.

Cheers!
Numerous pre 79 kettles
Weber Seville Cart
One rare 1960's hooded rotissery grill, Like your dad had

teerhardy

• WKC Brave
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
Simply beautiful.
Grey 22.5" OTS H
Copper 22.5" OTG... that's right I turned copper into gold.
Black 22.5" SS Performer

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »

I am about to stretch my new rubber tires on the rims of my freshly coated seville.  What is your secret for getting the rubber on the wheels?

I am stumped.   I may try heating to 200 degree, and then hoping they are pliable enough to stretch on.

I suspend a vintage non-original kettle in mine by making a triangle of chain and putting the kettle into it like a hammock.

Cheers!
Do u have a picture of the triangle chain setup, cheers sir.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
Incredible job, Mini, that cart looks amazing.

Beef

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
Do u have a picture of the triangle chain setup, cheers sir.
[/quote]

I hope this is not considered hijacking:
Here is my weber thong  :o, to cradle a newer kettle in my 1960's Seville Cart.  I aimed at a solution that would not alter the cart, period!

All I really did was use about 75 or so inches of steel chain from the hardware store, while cutting it, I used the garbage links as C-hooks, by cutting them one more time so they looked like the letter C.

I use three of the hooks to suspend the chain loop. Then lower kettle in and slide around until it is level, and the lower lip is 2 or so inches above the cart deck.  Kettle lifts out for simple cleaning.

Oh, and where on the cart to hook the C-hooks, and how many links in each section will drive you insane! It is like a trainwreck of a math word problem, only in real life.
the example is just a quick mockup to give you the idea.

Numerous pre 79 kettles
Weber Seville Cart

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
Incredible job, Mini, that cart looks amazing.
Simply beautiful.

Thank you all so much. I have some more work to do on it but I'll do it right and I think it will be cool.

Cheers!

I can't take any credit for the restoration other than finding the right people and dropping the green. It was a "hand it off and pick it up in 3 weeks" complete restoration job.  I don't know how to help you with the tires you have. Boil it maybe? Maybe use some thick fishing line to install it...kinda like an old windshield.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2013, 05:51:17 PM »
Not a thread hijack. It's all good. Whats up with the bolt head in the last pic? Is there 3 of those? I don't have bolts...

Beef

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 07:07:53 PM »
That is a mystery bolt that I just decided to leave.  I think the last owners backed it out to PIN the kettle, and the other side was probably resting on its handle.

Not sure.
Numerous pre 79 kettles
Weber Seville Cart

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »
Its been a while since I have checked in on this thread and just about as long since I have touched this cart.  I have been researching and hunting for a kettle to drop into this cart, but I have finally got tired of looking at this sad Seville and decided to get on with it.  Im still trying to work out how im going to hold this thing down but essentially here it is. 

Plum Sexy

Im not done...

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Re: IM DONE....Seville cart. plum pic added
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »
That looks awesome!   That will look real nice with a similar patio set of table and chairs.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: IM DONE....Seville cart. plum pic added
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2014, 11:16:45 AM »
I been lookin. There was a set that popped up within 3 miles of my house but I don't have space for that yet. I have no patio left.