Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Twist on ash pans  (Read 4621 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Twist on ash pans
« on: March 01, 2014, 02:57:25 PM »
How hard is it to find a twist on ash pan for an older kettle? I've got a chance to pick up a black MHB (Arlington Heights vent) but it is missing the ash pan. What would I expect to pay for one? Do any of you have one for sale? I could just put on a newer one with clips but I want to stay as close to original as possible, I guess.
The kettle is in pretty good shape and his asking price is $20. Is this reasonable considering the missing ash pan? Appreciate any feedback.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Twist on ash pans
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »
For $20 if the kettle is in good shape I'd grab it. Someone here should have an extra pan for you. If I had one extra I'd send it to you for shipping costs only.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

lemisfits

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »
If anyone has an extra 18 inch twist ash pan, I'll be happy to pay for shipping and include a bottle of my favorite rub.
Looking for a lime or imperial blue...in my dreams.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:34:02 PM »

Dale, for $20......swoop !!!!!

It's a smoker...... 8)

Both you guys.....I'll look for ash pans, but don't hold your breath.....a lot of the ones I've found were incomplete to start with......... :(
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
Hey Dale.....there was a 22 twisty ash pan in the shipment I sent to you.  Did you need another? 

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »
... there was a 22 twisty ash pan in the shipment I sent to you.  Did you need another?
The one you sent me is going on the Yellow one I found in the woods last fall. (And thank you very much, again!) The yellow is back in Minnesota. The black one is one I'm looking at here in Tucson. I've also got a possibility of another black Arlington Heights here in Tucson for $40 that does include its' twist-on ash pan. Just wondering if its worth an extra $20 for one with an ash pan. Maybe I should pick them both up?! :-)
Dale

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »

The one you sent me is going on the Yellow one I found in the woods last fall.

This I gotta see! C'mon and share some pictures of that.

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »
This I gotta see! C'mon and share some pictures of that.

I was out exploring in the four-wheeler near my cabin late last October and came to this awesome lake-side building site at the end of an old road. The trail was grown over and nearly impassable. At the edge of a clearing beneath huge towering pine trees was an old trailer with a yellow Weber setting in the bushes next to it. I've been grilling on Weber grills for many, many years and was really intrigued by this thing. I'd never even heard of a yellow Weber before. I went back to the county courthouse to determine the identity of the property owner and contacted him. He turned out to be the grandson of the guy who had hauled the trailer in many years ago and (I think) he had inherited the property. I ended up obtaining the grill and brought it back to my cabin and cleaned it up, but it was so late in the season that I never got a chance to fire it up. When we got to Tucson in November I went online to learn what I could about an old yellow Weber. That's how I discovered the WKC.
At the time I cleaned it up I didn't yet know there were so many other people that were 'into' this sort of thing and I didn't take any photos. So except for the pics I took of the very beautiful pine-studded building site when I first discovered the grill, I have none to share yet. When I return to Minnesota in the Spring I'll take a bunch more and share here.
I've created a Set on Flickr called Weber Grills and have thrown two pics from that day into that Set here:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:32:54 PM by Dale Benson »
Dale

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »
Forgot about the yellow....looks nice in the pic.  If you need another grill, its in good condition, and has all the parts, $40 isn't bad.  It would be tough to pass on a $20 kettle though.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 09:00:18 PM »
Heck of a find on that yellow!  :D

Someday........someday.......  :-\

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »
... there was a 22 twisty ash pan in the shipment I sent to you.  Did you need another?
The one you sent me is going on the Yellow one I found in the woods last fall. (And thank you very much, again!) The yellow is back in Minnesota. The black one is one I'm looking at here in Tucson. I've also got a possibility of another black Arlington Heights here in Tucson for $40 that does include its' twist-on ash pan. Just wondering if its worth an extra $20 for one with an ash pan. Maybe I should pick them both up?! :-)

$40 is also pretty reasonable.....people used to throw these away 'cause they didn't understand how to work them........now they're starting to look into the older ones' values.....get two, then you can do this:

The Yellow story is simply FABULOUS !!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »
Great story. You have redefined road hunting!