Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Almost Forgot How to BBQ.......  (Read 2887 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Almost Forgot How to BBQ.......
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:57:52 AM »

Welp.......on account of all kinds of twists & turns in the general life cycle, the wife & I are staying together.......we decided that we care enough about each other to make a better go of it & we'd most likely do better in numbers also !!!!

I'm guessin' it's all a part of the "Cosmic Joke" that is my life !!!!!

Been busy throwing out all my junk that was attached to either nothing or some hairbrained art project scheme...........and moving stuff around to accomodate our revised planning........

That includes a different area of the 'Orphanage' for a lot of the kettles ~~~>
(Captured in mid-move.....)

Some of that big tree trunk in the background may very well end up in Brian's capable hands to be converted into handles, if he deems it useable......it's Japanese plum, a real rich reddish color.......I'll see how it looks once I get down into the burl.............

OK......back to the cooking, or maybe forgetting how part......

Did a tater packet, with sweet onion, red bells, butter, some gran. garlic, lemon oil & the last of th roasted Hatch chiles.....

Shot some pork tenderloins with a herb & garlic bottled marinade, strained out..........

Here's the part where I forgot.......how dang hot these Weber things can get.......dumped 1/2 chimney of old coals with 1/2 of fresh coals on top of maybe 10 ~ 12 unlit ones & it went up to 500f but quick !!!!!
I do better in the lower registers..... ::) :o

Just moved the tater packet back a bit & after only 20~25 minutes & a quick softness check on the potatoes............... the pork goes on...............

Not too much later a flip shows just what I look for with these things......melting into the grates.........

Plated up in no time, with a cold bean salad of the wife's concoction.....red wine vin, some various spices, green onion & Roma tomato chunks.....

OK......the thrown out back is getting to be back in shape, so I gotta get back to work on cuttin' wood & movin' stuff........may start a brisket late today.....found a Choice, limp 17-1/2# one that's stewing in the 'fridge....just waitin' to get out on a hot grate........ 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Almost Forgot How to BBQ.......
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »
Awesome news and awesome food buckie!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

sparky

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
Good to hear buckie ! Hope you guys can work it out !
Food looks great as usual !

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »
Great news Buckie. Very happy for you. Glad things worked out and all the best going forward. Oh and nice cooks.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
Buckie, that is so great to hear.  sell one or two of those kettles and take her out on a nice date.

So happy for you...      :)  :)  :)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Almost Forgot How to BBQ.......
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
So glad to hear this buckie! Truly happy for you guys, this made my day actually. Hope the back feels better!

The food looks grate! I'm a huge fan of the hobo/foil packs. No mess to clean up and it cooks great.

I think all relationships fall under the title "what a long strange trip it's been" I know my life isn't exactly how I imagined it. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
That is fantastic news, Ken! 

I love the title of this thread ... Never thought I'd hear / read you say that.  :o :o  Plate up looks delicious.  :D

I am liking the idea for that tree trunk you mentioned. Keep us posted.  :) 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »
Very glad to hear that Ken! I hope you guys can work it out.

I hear ya on the grilling front. i prefer the low n slow method too. Watching that temp climb rapidly can be a scary sensation when you arent expecting it. ;D

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »
Ken, that is GREAT news!! The KG Clan is very happy for you and hope the best for you two in the future!!

Oh...another great cook, by the way!!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »
:)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »
 :) as well.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »
Buckie, BBQ for you is like riding a bike so I doubt you will forget. Kudos on the great news.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791