Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer #4  (Read 1980 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
Performer #4
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
Taking the advice of this forum, and being selfish by not posting it for the world, a bunch of us MAC (Mid Atlantic Chapter) members have been PM'ing about a Red SS that was listed locally for 75 bucks.  Amazingly enough, no one dropped what they were doing to obtain said SS.  Even passed the info on to various friends and nothing.  I was suppose to grab it on Tue afternoon, but then the 26'er came about and I cancelled the SS as I didn't need it.  Last night, the seller sent me an email asking if I was still interested.  I bit, but only if I could pick it up in the morning.

Fast forward to this morning and here's the results.  I'm now in possession of my 3rd SS performer - all 1998 (EZ) models
It's missing the ash pan, but that's it.  Great condition, rather clean, complete, and even the ash sweepers look good.
The CL photo

In my yard as it was when I grabbed it.  No clean up pics yet...

Gas works, but not well.  Might be the gas tube is clogged with crap or the regulator.  I have a new regulator assembly, so this should be an easy fix.

This is the extent of the damage on the bowl.  There's a few of these, but none are bigger than a pencil eraser.

D.I.R.T.Y.

Sitting next to the cleaned up 26'er I got on Tuesday.  On the way home today, I stopped at Crate & Barrel and snagged the Weber Wok for 35 bucks.  I've been on fire this week and this is my trifecta.   8)

Problem is, I'm now busting at the seams.  This Performer isn't staying in the stable.  The lid is basically flawless and I swapped it with the lid on my 'other' Red SS.  There's a 99.9% chance I'll swap the bowl with Stavlund since this one is in better condition.  From there, not sure yet.  Most likely, it'll be up for sale as a complete unit. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:36:51 AM by Bman »
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Re: Performer #4
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:40:53 AM »
Looks great!  I am thinking about getting a Wok myself. 

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
I am thinking about getting a Wok myself. 

I stopped in thinking I'd check it out, but wasn't all that interested.  It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be.
And seeing it for 35 bucks sealed the deal for me.  Luckily, I snagged the Wok tools from Target at half price a few weeks ago.
Now to do my first ever wok cook...  lol
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »
Nice trifecta, Bman!  And I wouldn't worry about bursting at the seams, as you seem to have plenty of room along that back fence.  Rock it zavod style, my man!

I've got an ash pan for you (and a ring, for that matter), and would happily trade bowls if you want to. 
One of the charcoal people.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
Chad,

Did you put some car polish on that 26er? It's got a great shine.  Glad you got the Performer - can't believe it wasn't snatched up sooner.

Did you get the wok from a Crate & Barrel outlet or a regular store? I almost stopped by the Crate & Barrel at the Annapolis mall, but thought someone said they were only at the outlets.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
Nice scores!!! Really like that red performer, in great shape. I am patiently waiting for a red one to pop up in my area. Hopefully when one does it will be in that good of condition. Of course when one does I hope work isn't so busy that I can't get away. I have missed out on a few things last few weeks due to work. :'(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:50:28 PM by AZ_MIKEY »
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Looks great! I'm glad you snagged it. I have to find a C&B to get a wok for my performer.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Performer #4
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
Good score. I don't think you can really have to many. I like the 26er. I'm hoping one is in my future.
A Wonderful Family!!!