Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A cure for Puckerbutt.  (Read 2614 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
A cure for Puckerbutt.
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:42:12 AM »
What's Puckerbutt? It's a disorder that infects Smokey Joe's and Jumbo Joes much the same way that Caddywampusness infects full size kettles. The cure, offer $20 when they are asking $60 on CL.  Apply a little dose of flathead Preparation S, a good bath and a rubdown, then decide what finish to order a new handle in (haven't done that yet) and voila. A cured SJP and a grail found for a great deal! Happy Ending all around.

This thing I think had more dust and grass clippings on it than anything. Maybe used 2 or 3 times. It's a DU code (2002) the grate has no rust. Of course it had a couple scratches on the front of the bowl from falling over (wonder why it fell over?) Oh and the lid bale and tuck n carry bar were attached wrong so you couldn't utilize the lid bale function. This came up Monday night, picked it up Tuesday. Offered $20 he said yes.

"It's in the back of my truck" well my grocery getter....

Garaged for disassembly and inspection... The legs being installed this way caused a dent in the bottom of the bowl..

After a quick bath and a reassembly I posed it with its red sister.

Cooked on it that night. Grilled it up BIG TIMES with some "steaky's"from Omaha Steaks that we got as an anniversary gift. No I didn't paint the inside of the bowl or bleach the grates.  ;) Sorry forgot to take food pics.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:53:16 AM by Craig »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A cure for Puckerbutt.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »

"What's Puckerbutt? It's a disorder that infects Smokey Joe's and Jumbo Joes much the same way that Caddywampusness infects full size kettles. The cure, offer $20 when they are asking $60 on CL.  Apply a little dose of flathead Preparation S, a good bath and a rubdown, then decide what finish to order a new handle in (haven't done that yet) and voila. A cured SJP and a grail found for a great deal! Happy Ending all around."

"Cooked on it that night"

What a Grillfella thing to say.............you're the one, man.......happy birthday, you'll have one sooner or later.........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
Yup yup

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »
Nice save Craig!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:55:46 AM »
Nice work as usual.  ;)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
A cure for Puckerbutt.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »
Nice save Craig!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »
Good rescue!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 04:30:43 AM »
Nice save Craig....I picked up one with a wood handle for another member this week.   The legs were installed correctly though.

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 05:37:16 AM »
That before pic made me laugh out loud, looked like the kettle also had 'puckerbutt' lol.

Glad it found a good home.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »

Ok, Ok......think about this.......

Not to be steppin' out in defence of the daffy, but maybe, just maybe the reason people put the legs on these things all puckerbutt-like is a subliminal vision of the WSM dancing in their heads......

Here's a pic of Ken's new WSM getting ready to cook up some swell p. pork & ABT's:

Here's the cookup:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/food-pr0n/first-use-of-wsm/

it just struck me that the angle and position of the legs looks a lot like a mis-assembled Smokey.......or......maybe I'm just one of the daffy?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"