Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CL Score Weber Performer 2009  (Read 4784 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
CL Score Weber Performer 2009
« on: September 17, 2013, 08:18:18 AM »
Well yesterday I was surfing CL and listed was a Weber Propane Grill for $120.  I clicked on it thinking it was going to be a gasser and to my suprise it was a Performer.... and the reason they listed for getting rid of it, was because they bought a "better" grill.

So I texted them and went over there after work and picked this bad boy up. I tried to haggle but they were firm at $120, which I still think was a steal.  It was in great shape.

They said they bought it a couple years ago.  I guess 4 years is a couple of years.  It's a 2009

The grates were in good condition, won't have to buy them.

Only defects was a missing washer/bolt on the lid holder and a ding in the lid.

It came with a cover which is in rough condition and will be replaced and an extra propane bottle.  A little bit of oven cleaner and elbow grease and this guy will be nice and pretty.

Even though I felt bad for haggling but I might as well try.  This was a steal at $120.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: CL Score Weber Performer 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:38:02 AM »
I know a lot of folks love the SS Performers but I like this model the best, I think it looks freakin cool.  Nice score.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
Agree - I have a soft spot for my red SS, but this model is my go-to grill now. The extra height is a plus, and the table is more useful as you don't have to open the lid to turn on/off the gas or get into the bin. Still has plenty of SS up front (not on the newer models) for my taste. The only thing I'm planning to add is a cutting board to fit the table inset. Well worth what you paid IMHO. I might buy another one myself if the right one shows up.

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
I actually have a 2005 performer that matches this one.  I love the look of it with the stainless steel front and the black frame.  It just has a really clean and refined look. 

I am not a fan of the newer models.  I bought a 2011 performer off CL for $200.  I dont like the silver painted frame or the plain looking front panel.  I am actually going to sell that one to a buddy of mine that wants a performer. 

I wish I had a stainless steel performer though.  Those are very sharp looking.  Performers don't pop up around these parts very often, let alone one of the older SS models.   
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
Aawa, nice purchase and only a couple freckles. This style frame has grown on me the last couple days myself. I have two S/S's and S/S frame in the wings. I acquired this style through a trade, for a build I'm in process of assembling. I'm 6-2 and this is a way nicer working height for me. Here is a picture of the table I assembled this weekend. It will give me a little more surface to work with.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:29:17 PM by glrasmussen »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »
Aawa, nice purchase and only a couple freckles. This style frame has grown on me the last couple days myself. I have two S/S's and S/S frame in the wings. I acquired this style through a trade, for a build I'm in process of assembling. I'm 6-2 and this is a way nicer working height for me. Here is a picture of the table I assembled this weekend. It will give me a little more surface to work with.

Pics when installed, please! How did you cut it?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
Will the standard cover still fit? Either way, that's going to be sweet. My plan was to try to fit a board inside the current table, but this looks tempting.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »
PBE, it was with a Jig Saw. It is three 1 x 10's  connected with 1 x 4 cross member close to the bowl and another in the front round.
It really has a nice feel rolling around. Gives it the weight of an S/S. I will post more pictures upon completion, need to stain the top and order some parts for the Kettle.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »
Will the standard cover still fit? Either way, that's going to be sweet. My plan was to try to fit a board inside the current table, but this looks tempting.

Marty, I am not sure. This will be one of my driveway cookers, so it really wasn't a consideration. Over all it is about 5" wider and about 6" longer.
A S/S cover should fit, as the length is about that of the end of the handles. I do have a S/S cover, so I will give it try and let you know.

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
That is an awesome replacement table work area.  I definitely want to see pictures of it installed!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
That is an awesome replacement table work area.  I definitely want to see pictures of it installed!

Well, it is installed, but want I want to post when complete. Fits like a glove, but I may need to add some type of flashing
in the bowl area. Though it is Marabou/Rain Forest wood, I still think it needs some protection. What do you Sequoia owners
use?