Inception Date of Weber Performer? / Possible Prototype in my Posssession

Started by DG632, August 29, 2013, 06:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kendoll

Quote from: G$ on September 02, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
The lid bale is missing rollers, i wonder if they were ever there.

My 98 red MT was missing the rollers on the lid bale. Not sure if they were ever there either.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

G$

Ken, i know that MTs came with rollers from their first year on, I assume performers did too. Would be ironic if the Stephens family lost them when putting the performer together....

vader06

Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

DG632

Just checked the grill...there is a roller in the back.  There is no evidence of one ever having been on the front though.

DG632

After some thought, I've decided to sell the grill.  I'm going to post it on the "trading post" of this site only.  I hoping it will go to someone who can appreciate the grill's age and interesting story.

HankB

Quote from: DG632 on August 29, 2013, 06:39:46 AM
You were so close on this! You just needed to add the IMG tags. (The button right under the 'B' button in the compose window.)
kettles, smokers...

pbe gummi bear

Quote from: DG632 on September 06, 2013, 01:26:23 PM
After some thought, I've decided to sell the grill.  I'm going to post it on the "trading post" of this site only.  I hoping it will go to someone who can appreciate the grill's age and interesting story.

That's great. I'm sure someone will take good care of that kettle with a story. I would love that unique ss myself but I'll let the locals have dibs.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791