Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: U.S. source for propane conversion kit?  (Read 3650 times)

kenko6ux

• Happy Cooker
U.S. source for propane conversion kit?
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:50:38 PM »
Hi all.

I am moving soon and my new apartment does not allow me to burn charcoal on the patio. They only allow propane.  I have a 22.5" One Touch Kettle that I really do not want to retire (especially since it isn't that old), and we really don't have room for two grills.

It looks like Weber does make a propane conversion kit for the kettle, but as far as I can tell it seems to only be available in Australia (http://www.weberbbq.com.au/AccessoryDetails.php?id=68).

Does anyone know of a domestic source for this kit within the U.S.?  Or a reputable Aussie retailer that will ship one to the U.S. at a reasonable rate?

Thanks for any information you might have!

-Ken

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: U.S. source for propane conversion kit?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
Hi Kenko and Welcome
I can send you one new if you'd like. I'm not a retailer but would be happy to purchase one and send it to you as I have for others on the forum
The gas kit retails for $120 and postage is $70( for memory)
Also I think JoCool has a used one that still works fine and will be a lot cheaper than new
Let me know if your keen
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »
Welcome Kenko! I can vouch for Hogsy, he sent me without any problems.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:55 PM »
As Joel has said, I do have one. It's cleaned up very well. The only downer is that the decal is a bit faded, but I guess tou get that. I'm more than happy to send it if you guys want to pay the freight.
If it breathes, we can cook it!

kenko6ux

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
As Joel has said, I do have one. It's cleaned up very well. The only downer is that the decal is a bit faded, but I guess tou get that. I'm more than happy to send it if you guys want to pay the freight.

I am definitely interested.  I sent you a PM.

Thanks!

kenko6ux

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »
Hi Kenko and Welcome
I can send you one new if you'd like. I'm not a retailer but would be happy to purchase one and send it to you as I have for others on the forum
The gas kit retails for $120 and postage is $70( for memory)
Also I think JoCool has a used one that still works fine and will be a lot cheaper than new
Let me know if your keen

I sent you a PM, Hogsy.