Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Quick Connect Tank Adaptor Question  (Read 1066 times)

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Quick Connect Tank Adaptor Question
« on: July 29, 2013, 04:54:19 AM »
As part of my performer purchase I received the regular 5# tank and a 20# tank. The quick connect adaptor was already on the 20# and now I want to move it to the 5#. The question I have is, what is the best way to unscrew and move it to the 5# tank without totally boogering it up. I think there is some kind of adaptor for these but it has been so long since I have had to deal with one I can't remember. Anyone have any other tricks?

Thanks for any help in advance.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:12:56 AM by Thin Blue Smoke »

etruax

• WKC Brave
Re: Quick Connect Tank Adaptor Question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »
I use an old chisel that fits snuggly on a diagonal to exchange the one on my gasser tank. 

It would be nice to have a proper tool for this. 

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:39 PM »
Thanks, I am going to try some different tools in my tool box to see what I can find. By the lack of comments, it looks like not many people are in a position to swap these still. I just want to get it back on the small tank for my performer.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
Excuse my ignorance without the pics but don't these fittings usually have  flats for the wrench or socket? I
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:25:02 AM »
Gummi, sorry about not getting pics. That would help for sure. But, the connector is completely round on the outside and the part that retracts back and which also inconveniently spins, prohibits getting a grip.

I will see if I can throw up a pic tonight. It looks like the only way to move it is by sticking something inside of it to turn it.

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:44:16 AM »
When I scrap these I have to hit the valve with a big hammer, to jar it and spin it loose. Then unscrew it from the tank. Just straight turning them with something like a pipe wrench hasn't worked for me. I don't know if this helps?!
#grubdubs