Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sous Vide Prime Tri-tip and Brandy Mushrooms on the Glen Blue 26" Kettle  (Read 6030 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Tried my sous vide method on a prime Wild Fork tri-tip yesterday and the results were phenomenal.  I’ve struggled with previous tri-tip cooks in that the thinner parts would be more well done than I would like while the thick part in the middle would be borderline undercooked. 

This tri tip was seasoned with Lane’s Brisket Rub, vac sealed yesterday morning and in the fridge for 6 hours then in the sous vide bath at 130F for two hours and finally seared for one minute intervals on the Glen Blue 26” over hot Jealous Devil XL lump until done.  IT did not move from 130 and the results were a nice medium rare with an awesome crust across the entire tri-tip.  No reason to cook it another way for us……

We also made brandy sauteed mushrooms using Captain Anderson’s seasoning, Kerrygold butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Brandy added at the end with a little flame – no time for a picture of that unfortunately but would have been cool to share.  Kellee also made steamed broccoli with hollandaise sauce and I made some poppers on the baby kamado as well using some leftover filling from Saturday’s game day stuffed mushrooms.  Great weekend for some outdoor cooking…..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 05:54:46 AM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Sous Vide Prime Tri-tip and Brandy Mushrooms on the Glen Blue 26" Kettle
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 05:47:18 AM »
Pics Continued......
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 06:08:27 AM by bamakettles »

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
Such the process!! Looks fantastic @Bama! Sous Vide along with Weber do amazing things!!  Thanks for the detailed run down!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 06:39:38 AM »
Looks very delish!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 06:46:01 AM »
looks grate !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 12:50:41 PM »
Those cross-cuts look dynamite!!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Thanks guys!  Steak tacos / fajitas or quesadillas for dinner tonight.  Cannot wait!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Quesadillas were awesome….

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!