Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled Chuck Roast Sandwiches on the 26" Glen Blue  (Read 1615 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Pulled Chuck Roast Sandwiches on the 26" Glen Blue
« on: August 21, 2023, 06:52:57 AM »
Wild Fork Choice Beef Chuck Roast cooked low and slow for a few hours, spritzing with beef broth every hour, then into a pan with beef broth and onions for another couple hours and covered for another hour.  Very tender outcome and very tasty - seasoned with Lane's Brisket Rub.  Made this on Saturday for our Sunday dinner.  Kellee made slaw for a side and I made some small beef back ribs on Sunday to go with.  Arby's Horsey and BBQ sauce went very well on these...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pulled Chuck Roast Sandwiches on the 26" Glen Blue
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 07:12:21 AM »
damn that looks awesome !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 12:23:20 PM »
I am not familiar with Wild Fork, so I checked their website and for a mail order meat company, their prices really don't seem that outta line.

Based on your cook, I am planning to give them try when things cool off a little down here.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 12:44:57 PM »
damn that looks awesome !!
Thank you!  Finished up the leftovers for a lunch sammy today.... I think it was better than the first time lol.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 12:47:46 PM »
I am not familiar with Wild Fork, so I checked their website and for a mail order meat company, their prices really don't seem that outta line.

Based on your cook, I am planning to give them try when things cool off a little down here.

BD
I've done two orders so far.  There's not a ton of stuff I'd order from them, mostly things I can't readily find here.  My favorites so far are their prime outside skirt steak, prime tri tip, brisket flats and of course the choice chuck roast.  They also have frozen burger and slider patties, meatballs and such, but I can make all that with local meats easily.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 09:07:07 AM »
Damn! That looks really good
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 12:29:46 PM »
Damn! That looks really good
Thanks so much.  Not a shred went to waste.... Lunches have been really good this week!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2023, 04:37:29 PM »
I've done two orders so far.  There's not a ton of stuff I'd order from them, mostly things I can't readily find here.  My favorites so far are their prime outside skirt steak, prime tri tip, brisket flats and of course the choice chuck roast.  They also have frozen burger and slider patties, meatballs and such, but I can make all that with local meats easily.

Thanks for the tip !!

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 04:42:46 PM »
That's an awesome cook.  I love chuck roast.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2023, 03:11:46 AM »
Grate looking cook, Bama!  I’m going to see if Wild Fork has Dino ribs. Do not see them here at all in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club