Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question...  (Read 3986 times)

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
Question...
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
First off...Love this site!
Keep up the good GREAT work!

Now my question...
Is there a list, data base, etc...  That shows by year, which style, color, etc of each grill Weber produced?

Examples: If I wanted to see what year they stopped producing the SS Perfomers I could look it up...or what year they discontinued the Jumbo Joes (before they brought them back again this year)...and what color they offered them in each year...

Just wondering if such a data base exists?

Thanks,
FSD

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Question...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »
Sounds like a project for a newish member, say... one with 15 posts or so. If such a database existed, we'd have it here. The Age Guide above gives a few clues, but not to the level of detail you're thinking of. Better get started, we're all waiting!  ;)

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
FSD, we do have such a database.  Here is where it is located:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/?action=post

Click that URL and then input your search string and click Post.  After several minutes to an hour, the query will complete and the Craig-o-tron2000 will spit out an answer.  Or the Dukeenator3000.  If you get a response from the Zavod44 machine, just try again and you are likely to get a better result later.  That is a bug.   Anything coming back from the Hogsy interpreter will have malformed syntax and you should ignore it.

Hope this helps.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
FSD, we do have such a database.  Here is where it is located:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/?action=post

Click that URL and then input your search string and click Post.  After several minutes to an hour, the query will complete and the Craig-o-tron2000 will spit out an answer.  Or the Dukeenator3000.  If you get a response from the Zavod44 machine, just try again and you are likely to get a better result later.  That is a bug.   Anything coming back from the Hogsy interpreter will have malformed syntax and you should ignore it.

Hope this helps.

I like how you roll...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Big B

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »
Lmfao.....G$.......to funny

Brent

Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
Fat Side.....I've asked Weber point blank if they have a historical timeline book / info source / webpage, etc......no response......

this is a huge piece of what we're about here.....it continues to be discovered & filtered & sorted out.........

At some point in the future, we MAY be able to assemble something like what you're asking, but for now, it's dig, dig, dig & keep your eyes peeled & ask questions.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
You guys are funny. But in this regard, not too helpful.

I do like the suggestion that we crowd source this. I'll stick my neck out on it. I have a Google Drive spreadsheet that I've started to track my webers. Not that I have that many Webers, but I do have a few. I've just made a copy of it and added a few columns (owner, picture and vent cover picture) that we can populate for further information.

And I've set the permissions so anyone can edit.

I invite anyone to add their grills and try to include the kind of information we can use to help ID grills. That's where the pictures should help.

I think the first thing to do is to try to collect information and that's the spirit of this effort. As time goes on, perhaps we can refine the technique. I can think of any number of fancier projects that could do this better, but in this case I think perfection is the enemy of progress (or something like that. ;) )

My only concern is that someone will get pissed off and wipe out all of the data. I don't know if there is a way to back out edits someone else has done (e.g journaling) so I suggest that if you make some edits, make a copy of the sheet to your own google drive (or download a copy of the sheet - I think that can be done) so that we always have a copy of the most recent populated database.

The link to the S/S is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao0OVhhFaentdFRPWHdndnM2dGUyLW9iSnZIQmdTQlE#gid=0.

It's a start.
kettles, smokers...

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »
Thanks Hank - I requested access to the drive. Let's do this!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
Thanks Hank - I requested access to the drive. Let's do this!
Hi Marty,
I changed access perms so you should not have to request access. That was my initial intent but apparently I did not get it right on the first try.

Thanks!
kettles, smokers...

Craig

• WKC Mod
Question...
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 04:38:10 PM »
I've got to get my age page revisions nailed. Along with the visuals. It includes colors and approximate years available.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
Added mine to the page Hank, can you see them?

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 06:01:16 PM »
Hey cool, I can see Eric entering his data in real time!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »
Added mine to the page Hank, can you see them?
Yes - Thanks!
kettles, smokers...

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
This is a great initiative, and I happen to know that Google drive let's you recall prior revisions in the case of an accidental delete or purposeful sabotage... At least until Google updates their program. Lol

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 07:50:28 PM »
This is a great initiative, and I happen to know that Google drive let's you recall prior revisions in the case of an accidental delete or purposeful sabotage... At least until Google updates their program. Lol
Good to know in case we ever need that.

I just tried inserting a couple images. I'm not sure that's going to work too well. Perhaps it will be better to insert the URL for images instead.
kettles, smokers...