Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lamb chops  (Read 510 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Lamb chops
« on: March 10, 2023, 04:51:14 PM »
It has been ages since I've posted anything and I had a nice cook tonight so I thought I'd put it up with some pictures.

I took advantage of a PC Points special on fresh lamb at Fortinos the other day and bought two packages of lamb chops.  I put salt, pepper, and garlic on them yesterday morning while breakfast was cooking intending to barbecue them last night but a friend messaged asking if I wanted to go for dinner so I ended up having Chinese food instead and the lamb chops got an unanticipated extra long dry brine in the fridge through to this evening.

Last night would have been the better night to cook outdoors from a weather perspective.  My understanding was that the snowstorm that was expected here would be coming in the evening so I thought I'd cook the lamb for lunch but the storm arrived seriously early and I ended up cooking them for dinner after the worst of the snow had finished.

I took a bunch of pictures of the charcoal starting up just for reference because this time yesterday, there was no snow on the barbecue or the little end tables and the trees weren't weighed down by it at all.

They were delicious.  The extra long dry brine and the severe sear was amazing.  The next time I come across a special on lamb, I'll be doing this again.

SixZeroFour

Re: Lamb chops
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 05:40:15 PM »
Great plate up and pictures Lightning! Your sear looks on-point!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

rich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 06:52:58 AM »
I find both food and snow impressive!
If I may ask, what is that legged thingie you are putting the lid on?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 08:26:12 AM by rich »

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 08:18:51 AM »
Nicely done, Rob!
I need to cook lamb more often. I alway enjoy it.
You ended up getting more snow than I did...
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 02:20:36 PM »
Great plate up and pictures Lightning! Your sear looks on-point!

Thanks, I was actually afraid I might have overdone it with a long session on the hot side directly over the fire with the lid off.  I kept flipping the chops and moving them out of the way of flareups and the results were fantastic.

I find both food and snow impressive!
If I may ask, what is that legged thingie you are putting the lid on?

It's an Adirondack table like the ones in the foreground, except it's made out of cedar instead of plastic like the other ones.  I've never liked using the built in lid bails on Master Touch or Performers because of how the lid standing up on its side gets in the way of working on the grill for me personally, so I started resting it on that cedar Adirondack table which had seen better days and outlasted the two chairs it was bought with.  It's really in sad shape now, falling apart and full of dry rot.  I'm not sure what I'm going to replace it with when it goes completely.

Nicely done, Rob!
I need to cook lamb more often. I alway enjoy it.
You ended up getting more snow than I did...

We got nailed this Friday.  Last Friday, Toronto got it worse.  I don't know what the deal is with the Friday snow storms.  I need to cook lamb more often too.  I enjoy it but for some reason I only make it very rarely.  Tomorrow night is going to be the annual-ish seafood barbecue with one of my football friends so I'll definitely take pictures of that and post it.  Hope everything's well up your way!

rich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 08:08:04 AM »
Adirondack table like the ones in the foreground
I see… neat!
I've never liked using the built in lid bails
I know what you mean, it feels weird for me too, almost as if I didn’t know how to use it.
It seems there are two positions, the quick slide where the lid rests on the vent handle, and the rotate-45°, where it leaves more space open.
I often miss the Slide-a-side holder… I probably should see how it fits in there haha.
Anyway, thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:02:16 PM by rich »

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 05:40:35 AM »
Beautiful snow and fantastic looking Lamb cook. I really love the flavor of Lamb, and that long brine was a real plus i Bet.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 06:38:30 AM »
Nice looking cook!
Your snow pics make me shiver! Haha

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 12:16:45 PM »
grate cook ! i like the looks of snow only !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 09:01:58 AM »
That sear looks perfect!  We didn’t end up with hardly any snow this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club