Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maple Bourbon Godzilla Burgers W/Weber GBS Sandwich Maker Buns  (Read 365 times)

SixZeroFour

It's been a minute since we did some home made burgers, and far too long since I dragged out the old Weber Waffle and Sandwich maker attachment so I figured why not dive in!

My birth year "B" Blue is on deck to cook the burgers and the Summit was in charge of buns/charcoal lighting duties.

Nothing too crazy really... Mixed a decent amount of the Kinder's Hickory Molasses in with the ground beef and then added some shredded TexMex. Once the patties were formed they were dusted with the good old Godzilla Burger Rub. Bought this stuff for my youngest son as he's obsessed with everything Godzilla (it was actually a licensed product!) and turns out it's also really good lol). Finally the Maple Bourbon glaze was added at the end of the cook and then once set they were topped with a slice of good old fashioned slice of marble cheddar.

The buns turned out great as well - the brioche is perfect smooth texture for searing in the logo and I also love the taste so win win. I hit the hot griddle with a bit of butter right before adding the buns and was real happy with the end results.

On to the pics!

Hope you all had a nice Tuesday!

Matt
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
Re: Maple Bourbon Godzilla Burgers W/Weber GBS Sandwich Maker Buns
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 07:23:37 PM »
Those burgers look really good - and the blue is just beautiful.  :-)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Maple Bourbon Godzilla Burgers W/Weber GBS Sandwich Maker Buns
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 02:35:27 AM »
Wow!  Crazy accessory. I haven’t seen that. Looks delicious. I usually do thinner burgers hot and fast but I have been meaning to make thick burgers again.

Did you cook indirect the whole time?  Do you shoot for a certain internal temp or just go by feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 03:04:05 AM »
Awesome cook!  Wow, everything looks so good and that bun press is really cool.  Grate post…..

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 05:53:50 AM »
Great looking burgers done on a great looking grill and accessory. Nice job.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 05:58:31 AM »
simply impressive, and you got to eat too
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 06:54:40 AM »
Them burgers are lookin' delish! And, that blue mbh has a fantastic presence.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 09:47:05 AM »
Thanks everyone, it was a fun cook and I really loved the texture it put on the buns. I've made waffles a few times using this accessory before but this was the first go at the sandwich press side. Going to have to try a gourmet grill cheese next! :o

Did you cook indirect the whole time?  Do you shoot for a certain internal temp or just go by feel?

Yes indirect for most of the cook, then after letting the glaze set up for a few min at the end I flash it over direct heat just to crisp it up a bit before adding the cheese. I go mostly by feel but do probe a couple just to be sure they hit 150 ish before removing from the grill.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 10:50:44 AM »
Geez. Another accessory I wasn’t aware of and need to hunt down! This place is bad for that….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

vader

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 04:55:28 AM »
Weber Original 8849 and Sandwich Waffle Iron, Black, 63 x 20 x 15 cm, not available in the U.S.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 03:28:05 PM »
Weber Original 8849 and Sandwich Waffle Iron, Black, 63 x 20 x 15 cm, not available in the U.S.

Spoil-sport . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna