Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled Pork Tacos KJ Style  (Read 235 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Pulled Pork Tacos KJ Style
« on: February 27, 2023, 07:15:34 AM »
Small a bone-in pork butt on the Kamado Joe using Fogo Premium Lump charcoal controlled/monitored with the ThermoWorks Signals and Billows controller/fan at 275F.  Cooked about 6.5 hours - wrapped the last hour.  Seasoned with a combination of Killer Hogs Hot BBQ rub and Meat Church Honey Hog rub using yellow mustard as a binder.  The roast had a pretty thick fat cap so I scored it diagonally to help render some of that goodness.  Tacos were dressed with Kellee's home made guacamole, slaw, a hint of sour cream, taco sauce and cilantro.  She also made deviled eggs because.... BBQ!  A relaxing day was had on the deck for the cook.  Temperature control was effortless with this setup!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 08:11:20 AM by bamakettles »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pulled Pork Tacos KJ Style
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 08:21:02 AM »
looks awesome, we were on the deck most of the weekend as well
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 08:30:25 AM »
looks awesome, we were on the deck most of the weekend as well
Rained on us Saturday, but Sunday was warm with little wind which was perfect for a long cook, some work on the Weber fireplace and playing ball with Beaux.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 09:54:01 AM »
Your dog really needs to learn how to chill out way to much energy.....

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 11:19:32 AM »
Nice looking cook and plate up!

How do you like the billows Bama'? I love my old Thermoworks "smoke" setup but have been curious about slapping a billows on the little hidden blower port on the summit for ever now...
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 11:35:22 AM »
Your dog really needs to learn how to chill out way to much energy.....
Trust me, these moments are few and far between.... ; )

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 11:42:55 AM »

How do you like the billows Bama'? I love my old Thermoworks "smoke" setup but have been curious about slapping a billows on the little hidden blower port on the summit for ever now...
Thank you sir!  I really like the billows setup, works really well.  If you do get one remember that it takes power to run it using either the thermometer charger and cord or their rechargeable battery pack which I did buy.  Also you need to get the yellow billows damper which I feel should come with it but it doesn't.  $3 for that. 

Good luck!

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 04:42:51 PM »

I would also recommend the Billows. I don’t have the damper, I run mine wide open and it’s solid. Really love the setup, use it solely on my Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club