Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Ireland and my hopefully new vintage purchase  (Read 2244 times)

Gar863

• Happy Cooker
Hello from Ireland and my hopefully new vintage purchase
« on: February 25, 2023, 05:06:32 AM »
Hey everyone newbie here from Ireland hoping to do a deal on a kettle but looking for advice firstly if it's stamped L it's a 1989 kettle Is that correct and secondly is it worth restoration

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from Ireland and my hopefully new vintage purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 07:01:42 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville AL USA.  Correct, 1989 - not a rare kettle here, not sure how many choices you have in Ireland.  If it’s worth it to you I say go for it.  I’d research parts availability first to make sure you can get what’s required.  Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Gar863

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 07:16:01 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville AL USA.  Correct, 1989 - not a rare kettle here, not sure how many choices you have in Ireland.  If it’s worth it to you I say go for it.  I’d research parts availability first to make sure you can get what’s required.  Best of luck!

Thanks man yup it just needs the one touch cleaning replaced

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »
Welcome to the site Gar863.

I agree - if the price is right why not snag it!

A couple quick things to keep an eye out for are the leg socket areas of the bowl - make sure they are sturdy and not detached at all. Also have a look at the grate tab areas inside the bowl as they can also become weak points if neglected. As long as the bones are good she can be saved!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 11:09:37 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA, U.S.A.

Gar863

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 11:11:20 AM »
Welcome to the site Gar863.

I agree - if the price is right why not snag it!

A couple quick things to keep an eye out for are the leg socket areas of the bowl - make sure they are sturdy and not detached at all. Also have a look at the grate tab areas inside the bowl as they can also become weak points if neglected. As long as the bones are good she can be saved!

Thanks not too worried about the legs going to mount it in a table. I am waiting on the guy selling it to decide if he will box it up and accept my offer. does anyone know will the replacement 57 OEM cleaning system work on this one as its broken? and also a schematic?

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 08:17:25 PM »
Welcome from Kalona, IA. Good luck on the project.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 04:14:03 AM »
Welcome from Doraville, GA USA
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 09:22:27 AM »
@Gar863 Welcome from Austria, let me know whenever you search for a MBH. I have a 22“ (57cm) Brownie for sale