Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old reliable  (Read 158 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Old reliable
« on: July 25, 2022, 06:32:41 AM »
My family is in Minnesota this week on vacation.  We’re staying with friends who also enjoy bbq and and food off the grill.  They usually let me do the cooking.  They have a Genesis and a performer and a new Traiger Timberline.  We had about 20 people to cook steaks for last night.  My plan was to reverse sear everything, bringing everything up to temp on the Traiger, which has huge capacity, easily 800+ sq inches, and sear with B&b lump on the performer. 

Only problem is the $3400 Traiger won’t light.   It’s a month old.  I did it all on the kettle and Genesis.   All went fine.  I just chuckled at the scene of the Traiger flashing error codes. 

Anyway, not an indictment of Traiger or pellet poopers.   Traiger is a good product and I know many a Smokefire owner cursed it in the beginning. 

But, you do have to respect the simplicity and reliability of a Weber kettle. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acast285

• WKC Brave
Re: Old reliable
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »
I have been charcoal grilling my entire life. I have had dozens of grills over the years, cheap ones, expensive ones, custom by others, custom by me. My favorite part of grilling is the simplicity and and the challenge to get consistency.

Until I got my first AA code 18" given to me, I have never had anything more reliable and consistent than that little weber. My custom offset hasn't seen the light of day in 3 years, and I've added 4 more webers to my arsenal since then.