Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rub me the right way  (Read 651 times)

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
Rub me the right way
« on: July 04, 2022, 07:50:08 AM »
I was reading the " what's on the grill today" forum and was wondering what rub was put on those 10 lb boston butts. I suppose I could have asked, but there are so many interesting things to read here and I got sidetracked.
I'm generally a salt and pepper guy for chicken might put Kraft bbq sauce on it and steaks are marinaded in lemon juice and garlic. I picked up a pork loin was on sale for 1.99 lb. Usually I cut a few pork chops off and grill the rest with s&p. There has to be a better taste. Anyone uses liquid sauces their comments are also welcomed here.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rub me the right way
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 08:12:57 AM »
I like to put yellow mustard on with Salt Lick Origional rub. For pork shoulders. On charcoal with hickory/apple chunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 08:15:49 AM »
Great new thread!

A lot of guys use Kinders and Meat Church, those have a lot of great flavors, but my everyday user is just an even coating of Slap Ya Momma seasoning. Goes great on everything, salt, garlic, pepper, and a kick of cayenne, and is super affordable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/37620985

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 08:24:16 AM »
I like to put yellow mustard on with Salt Lick Origional rub. For pork shoulders. On charcoal with hickory/apple chunks.

I second the yellow mustard on pork and chicken

bkoval

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 10:26:15 AM »
Great new thread!

A lot of guys use Kinders and Meat Church, those have a lot of great flavors, but my everyday user is just an even coating of Slap Ya Momma seasoning. Goes great on everything, salt, garlic, pepper, and a kick of cayenne, and is super affordable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/37620985

I really like the Kinders rubs. "The Blend" that they sell is really tasty and a value proposition at Costco.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »
I do Jack Daniels on chicken, as well as lemon pepper. Pork is generally Three Little Pigs KC Championship, it’s the best bought rub I’ve ever had and have tried many (certainly not all). Beef I switch up, salt and pepper or maybe a rub or something.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »
Just scrolled through the live on my grill post. The butts I think you are referring to might be mine.
The more orange of the two is coated with Spiceology's Honey habanero the other I think is Plowboy's Yardbird rub.
The honey habanero is one of my favorites. Not spicy at all but very good flavor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere