Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Go Anywhere  (Read 685 times)

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Go Anywhere
« on: June 21, 2022, 02:27:24 PM »
I am a CGA fanboy.  It is a charcoal miser, turns out great food, and easy to pack because of its small footprint. It is the most underrated grill in the Weber stable of grills.  'Nuff said.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Go Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 03:13:12 PM »
I’ll take your word for it a Foster.

Ive used a CGA once, that was at Joe’s WKC meetup last fall. It was Charlie’s CGA that he setup for me to grill brats.  Great cooker for sure!

There are three CGAs in my garage, that I’ve never used. You’ve motivated me to dust one off and grill something this week.

Cheers

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 04:32:58 PM »
I’ll take your word for it a Foster.

Ive used a CGA once, that was at Joe’s WKC meetup last fall. It was Charlie’s CGA that he setup for me to grill brats.  Great cooker for sure!

There are three CGAs in my garage, that I’ve never used. You’ve motivated me to dust one off and grill something this week.

Cheers
I am away from home and brought my CGA with me.  Been using it for last 2+ weeks.  Did the same thing last summer. They are fun to cook on.  Made brats tonight.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 05:21:52 PM »
Nice I’m sure the CGA travels well… Are you and the family camping?

I dusted off my CGA this evening and will be grilling burgers tomorrow.

Back in the mid 80s to early 90s I grilled on a SJ at least four nights a week. Let’s see if I remember how to grill on a smaller footprint.

Please post some of your cooks from the last two weeks. I’m sure fellow WKC members would like to see a few CGA cooks.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 05:23:32 PM by AZ2FL »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 02:31:01 AM »
I have been taking the CGA to the beach the last few years and really love it, especially since I don't have a truck anymore it's perfect. I agree it is underrated in the USA
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 04:42:25 AM »
[mention]AZ2FL [/mention] I have a P code black in my shed crying for some use too! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 05:15:52 AM »
I don't have one yet, but if any of you guys are interested in letting go of one of your vintage CGA's let me know please!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 06:25:07 PM »
Nice I’m sure the CGA travels well… Are you and the family camping?

I dusted off my CGA this evening and will be grilling burgers tomorrow.

Back in the mid 80s to early 90s I grilled on a SJ at least four nights a week. Let’s see if I remember how to grill on a smaller footprint.

Please post some of your cooks from the last two weeks. I’m sure fellow WKC members would like to see a few CGA cooks.

Cheers
@AZ2FL I was in Sewanee TN at a summer advanced degree program.  I rent a place for a few weeks when i go there and bring my grill with me.  When I cook on the CGA next time, I'll remember to post pics.  I am hoping to get some camping in at some point this summer and the CGA will be put back into service.

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 09:09:34 AM »
My love for grilling began at an early age.  My dad always grilled steaks and BBQ chicken.  Yes, chicken slathered with BBQ sauce on the grill.  But, with my dad being in retail we moved a lot and lived in a lot of apartments so his grill of choice in the late 70's and early 80's was always the charcoal hibachi similar to this.

He'd load up the charcoal and splash on the lighter fluid and light it up and we'd sit there and wait until it burned off the fluid.  Then he'd grill up our dinner.  While our address changed a lot, that routine of grilling up steak and BBQ chicken was always the same and is a memory I will forever cherish.  No matter what else was wrong at that time in my life, sitting there on the patio watching my dad grill was always right.

Later in life my dad moved up to Weber gas grills and it wasn't until about 15 years ago I got my first Weber Kettle and moved back to charcoal as my main cooking source.  I have 9 Weber grills, and 2 of them are both the gas and charcoal Go Anywhere grills.  Every time I fire up that Charcoal Go Anywhere it reminds me of my dad cooking on those old hibachi grills and the good times we shared all those years.  It also helps that it's just a great little grill.  I've started using it more and more, although I DON'T get nostalgic about the lighter fluid. lol.  Definitely a charcoal chimney for me. lol

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 09:12:55 AM by MikeLucky »

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 05:00:56 AM »
My love for grilling began at an early age.  My dad always grilled steaks and BBQ chicken.  Yes, chicken slathered with BBQ sauce on the grill.  But, with my dad being in retail we moved a lot and lived in a lot of apartments so his grill of choice in the late 70's and early 80's was always the charcoal hibachi similar to this.

He'd load up the charcoal and splash on the lighter fluid and light it up and we'd sit there and wait until it burned off the fluid.  Then he'd grill up our dinner.  While our address changed a lot, that routine of grilling up steak and BBQ chicken was always the same and is a memory I will forever cherish.  No matter what else was wrong at that time in my life, sitting there on the patio watching my dad grill was always right.

Later in life my dad moved up to Weber gas grills and it wasn't until about 15 years ago I got my first Weber Kettle and moved back to charcoal as my main cooking source.  I have 9 Weber grills, and 2 of them are both the gas and charcoal Go Anywhere grills.  Every time I fire up that Charcoal Go Anywhere it reminds me of my dad cooking on those old hibachi grills and the good times we shared all those years.  It also helps that it's just a great little grill.  I've started using it more and more, although I DON'T get nostalgic about the lighter fluid. lol.  Definitely a charcoal chimney for me. lol

I remember those old hibachi grills... Very 70"s approach to grilling.