Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The eBay 70th Hollywood gray arrived today  (Read 574 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
The eBay 70th Hollywood gray arrived today
« on: May 31, 2022, 10:54:02 PM »
I wrote another post saying I accidentally won this auction for 322.00 with free shipping. I was so nervous about it all weekend it gave me anxiety. The eBay seller was in Austin Texas and the FedEx tracking came from Brooklyn. I didn’t know what to expect but it arrived today in good condition. I also had a 5% eBay bucks coupon and 1% back from Rakuten. Turned out to be a good deal.

The color is so hard to describe but I thought it would be more black. It’s more of a Matt finish like the crimson. It looks awesome but it’s my least favorite of the other two we ordered from Weber. The yellow is my favorite followed by the blue. I’m hoping to score the diner green on a deal someday down the road.

I’m also thinking about giving her a name since I read the “Emily” story. The original shipping label on the box was sent to a person named Donna. I thought since it was Hollywood gray Donna sounded like a good name. So this might be my first grill with a nickname.

My pics won’t be the best since I have daylight LED bulbs in my garage. Some of them will be from the garage opener lights. So here ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
Re: The eBay 70th Hollywood gray arrived today
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 11:04:10 PM »
I wanted to post the photos first before I wrote about my experience with these guys. My yellow came perfect. I bought the r&r blue as a 35th anniversary gift for my wife. That box showed up with the tape broken. The parts got loose in the box and we had a chip in the lid and the minor damage to the triangle. Worst part it was missing the thermometer. Both grills were bought directly from Weber. They had the parts to me in a few days.

The Hollywood gray from eBay came in good shape but the triangle suffered the same minor damage from shipping. My sign was a bit dented also. All things I’m going to live with since I bought this from a third party.

The one thing I have a problem with is I could not get the right rear leg to seat. It was so tight I couldn’t get it in or out. I couldn’t turn it or move it. I managed to get it to where the button is even with the leg socket. I decided to let it ride but the grill has a bit of a lean. I’m hoping it will loosen up after using it. Has anyone ever had this problem? It is stuck so bad in the socket.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 05:30:17 AM »
Glad you got it and in good shape.  I recommend heating the leg socket with a hair dryer for a while and see if you can get the leg to go in.  On my green one I had to put quite a bit of weight into it to get the legs in, but they are pretty darn solid and I appreciate that.  Good luck!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 08:57:20 AM »
I like that gray!  That looks way better then the stock photos I have seen so far.  Nice Job!!!

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 10:07:31 AM »
Beautiful grill and wonderful deal!

Donna is a great name for a 1950s Hollywood kettle...  Donna Reed, Donna Douglas (aka Elly Mae).

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 01:50:14 AM »

Donna is a great name for a 1950s Hollywood kettle...  Donna Reed, Donna Douglas (aka Elly Mae).

Oh my gosh ! Elly Mae is such a great name. Would you mind if I stole your idea ?  It would always have the connection to Donna and it’s a bit crooked (for now). The triangle is a bit dented and scuffed but the rest is beautiful. Sounds just like Elly Mae ! A bit off kilter but always gorgeous haha. I need to find a skunk now.

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »

Oh my gosh ! Elly Mae is such a great name. Would you mind if I stole your idea ?  It would always have the connection to Donna and it’s a bit crooked (for now). The triangle is a bit dented and scuffed but the rest is beautiful. Sounds just like Elly Mae ! A bit off kilter but always gorgeous haha. I need to find a skunk now.

"Steal" away - it's actually YOUR idea!  But I like it!  ;D

n3wfy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 12:14:30 PM »
Nice collection! You definitely have weberitis
East coaster turned mainlander.
Love grill'n on my weber.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 02:39:46 AM »
Weberitis has become a problem around here. I think I accidentally infected my wife with it. She owns a glen blue, an ivory, which I’m jealous about, a spring green new in the box. It’s killing me no to build it.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2022, 02:44:28 AM »
Her maiden voyage.