Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I accidentally won the Hollywood gray 70th on eBay  (Read 354 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
I accidentally won the Hollywood gray 70th on eBay
« on: May 29, 2022, 11:11:45 PM »

So I saw this topic on here that 70th kettles were on eBay. I was goofing around and thought I will bid to be the high bidder and quit. So I bid and bid and bid until I was the high bidder at 322. I knew someone would outbid me last minute but they didn’t. Next thing I know the guy is asking me if I’m going to pay for it since he’s got a long weekend planned.

Funny thing is they sell beauty products from Austin Texas but the grill shipped from Brooklyn. I have no idea what to expect. It should be here Thursday.

Has anyone bought a Hollywood gray ?  I sure hope this works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
Re: I accidentally won the Hollywood gray 70th on eBay
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 03:40:31 AM »
Fingers crossed for you. Good thing about eBay is that they will reimburse you if things don’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 08:23:49 AM »
I've done that on marketplace  a lot...it's usually after a few drinks.
I'll see something I clearly don't need and message the seller.
Next day is 'it's still available, and you were the first to contact me!'

Bassplayer974

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 01:44:18 PM »
I did the same thing with a Rock and Roll Blue one. I received it and everything was fine. I paid $355. Kind of a weird deal though.

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 06:08:29 PM »
I put a bid in on that Blue kettle as well. Thanks for outbidding me. I probably really didn't need it but it was a fair deal but strange. They must have gotten a couple of these as a promotional deal and decided to sell them off.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow