Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First rotisserie ride…🤞  (Read 314 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
First rotisserie ride…🤞
« on: March 17, 2022, 02:29:40 PM »
Bought a rib roast around Christmas. Just thawed it and decided to give it a whirl on the roti my family got me at Christmas. Fingers crossed…seasoned with a little Worcestershire/binder, some white lightning, and Kinders prime rib rub. Indirect with pecan wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 05:01:33 PM by bbqking01 »

acast285

• WKC Brave
Re: First rotisserie ride…🤞
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »
Wow looks great!

Did you go No Lid the entire time?

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
First rotisserie ride…🤞
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 05:02:19 PM »
No…lid on…all vents open…2 hours…should have pulled at 1.5. It’s a little well done but very tasty

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 08:29:04 PM »
Yum…
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 11:07:27 PM »
Looks really good King.  Did you make an au jus?  I think that's my favorite part about prime rib.....

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 04:09:57 AM »
gotta love the roti action with a prime rib
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 06:18:59 AM »

Looks really good King.  Did you make an au jus?  I think that's my favorite part about prime rib.....
the plan was to mix an au jus packet with a brown gravy packet, with the au jus from the meat, but alas we just used the au jus from the meat…which was very yummy btw

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 06:27:55 AM »

the plan was to mix an au jus packet with a brown gravy packet, with the au jus from the meat, but alas we just used the au jus from the meat…which was very yummy btw

Sounds great!  I always get ash in my drippings it seems and can't use it.  There's a brand of au jus at the grocery store that comes in a little plastic bottle that's really good, or the powder stuff.  Next one I spin I'm going to try making some with reduced beef broth - maybe on a separate kettle or gasser while the roast spins.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 08:49:23 AM »
I just put all the charcoal from the chimney In first, then a fresh drip pan with just 1 cup of water in it…

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 12:00:47 PM »
I put my drip pan on the regular grate, the roti stacks above it, then I do use the cover. both vents at 50%
Covering it & using a basket of coal offset as far as possible on just one side seems to work well & keep the ash settled where it belongs.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »

I put my drip pan on the regular grate, the roti stacks above it, then I do use the cover. both vents at 50%
Covering it & using a basket of coal offset as far as possible on just one side seems to work well & keep the ash settled where it belongs.
Grate idea!  I always figured the cooking grate had to be pulled out, but never really tested it.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 09:20:47 AM »
I got a second one piece grate with the Cajun Bandit smoker/stacker, so I actually use that but anything giving a place to rest the water pan would do.