Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Father's Silver C Gennie  (Read 203 times)

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
My Father's Silver C Gennie
« on: February 12, 2022, 11:24:33 AM »
My father hasn't used it in even he doesn't know how long. Getting up there in age he's lost interest in outdoor cooking. They bought it brand new around 20 years ago now.
It's just been sitting in his yard uncovered for years. He can't even remember when the casters came off.
He's planning on getting rid of it.
Meanwhile I'm trying to decide if it is worth the expense and time to fix it up, and how to tell the wife it is. I would certainly rather have this over my her CharBroil, but it needs plenty.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: My Father's Silver C Gennie
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 12:21:24 PM »
Absolutely, take that home and give it a refresh.  It’ll shine with a little love and $$.  It’s your dad’s, if you don’t you may regret it one day.  I’ll bet the wife will understand….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 12:42:50 PM »
Those things cook better than the best charbroil out there. Tough to find one that age with a side burner. I say fix it up and ditch the other gasser, but then again I’m an enabler.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 04:29:32 AM »
I’m with Bama on this one for sure. It won’t take too much to freshen up that rascal

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 07:52:32 AM »
Parts should be readily available. Many of the cook boxes across the Weber gasser lineup are common sizes, in regards to replacement grates, flavorizer bars and sometimes the burners too. Mostly everything else is cleaning / painting. Looks like good bones. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:54:19 AM by stillgriller »
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.