Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Killa-Grilla Grate  (Read 898 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Killa-Grilla Grate
« on: December 11, 2021, 10:43:14 AM »
Just pulled the trigger on a Killa-Grilla 21.5" stainless steel grate for my kettles.
On sale, at 5% off.
I figure this should last a lifetime, with proper care.
How has your experience been? Anyone here use products from Killa-Grilla?
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Killa-Grilla Grate
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 11:23:27 AM »
Top notch grates, you’ll love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 11:25:29 AM »
I did the charcoal and SNS style cooking grates for my 18, 22 and 26.  Love cooking on these and easy clean up with a spray of canola and grill brush.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 12:24:19 PM »
Awesome! I did not select the flip up option, as most of this style grilling is cooking simply hot & fast, for steaks.
This should be easier to clean and care for than my Weber GBS Grate.
Good time to order, with the 5% Christmas discount!

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 03:36:31 AM »
I have 3 Weber GBS Grates. One of which has been in use for a long time, at least 7 or 8 years. While the outer part of the grate is in very good condition, still shiny and clean, the center plated insert has become corroded.
No amount of scrubbing / cleaning makes it any better. It is still usable, but does not look attractive.

Called Weber to see if a center insert replacement could be purchased. In a word, no.

Thus the order was made for the 100% stainless Killa-Grilla.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 04:16:19 AM »
I have a couple GBS grates too, one still new on my Ivory Master Touch (un-used) and one on my red LE that I use for vortex cooks.  It’s totally black and oily and never rusts for whatever reason - probably from wing and thigh oils, but the center does tend to rust if I don’t keep a spray of canola oil on it.  A true SS GBS in Killa Grilla quality would be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 04:31:38 AM »
I have a couple GBS grates too, one still new on my Ivory Master Touch (un-used) and one on my red LE that I use for vortex cooks.  It’s totally black and oily and never rusts for whatever reason - probably from wing and thigh oils, but the center does tend to rust if I don’t keep a spray of canola oil on it.  A true SS GBS in Killa Grilla quality would be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Yes! It would be nice if that were available. We have a number of optional inserts for the GBS.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
Just got this delivered today.
All I can say is...WOW!
This is heavy, real heavy. Perfect fit on my Kettles. Plan to grill up some NY Strips tomorrow.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »
Yessir!   I have the KG grate for the vintage 26.  It’s 20 pounds.  Definitely built to last. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 03:16:19 AM »
We also purchased the KG charcoal grate some time ago. Their products are first class, and I highly recommend them. With proper care, they will last a lifetime. Pass them down to your kids!

We chose not to get the flip-up option. We have this on our GBS grates. These require more effort in cleaning. Plus, with the type of hot & fast grilling this will be used for, such as steaks and burgers, adding coals to the fire is not going to be required.

And this saved us a few $. Killa-Grilla has a holiday sale on right now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 03:20:33 AM by TXFlyGuy »

therod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2021, 06:38:44 AM »
I put a KG grate in my Performer last summer, it's top notch. It's making me consider stainless grates and burner plates for my gasser.

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 04:25:40 AM »
I have the flip-up KG grate on my 22. It's built like a tank, and no matter how much scraping and wire-brushing I do when cleaning it, I don't have to worry about damaging it. No plating to flake off, no rust.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Killa-Grilla Grate
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2021, 07:16:54 AM »
I have the flip-up KG grate on my 22. It's built like a tank, and no matter how much scraping and wire-brushing I do when cleaning it, I don't have to worry about damaging it. No plating to flake off, no rust.
☝️This 100% all day. I have the same one. It’s the type of purchase that is not the cheapest option but once you own one you realize all you may only need to replace the grill not your grate. Heirloom quality that is solid made in the USA. Weights about double or triple normal grate cause the steel it just that thick.

I love mine[emoji491]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2021, 07:48:17 AM »
We really like ours so far! The steaks were awesome...but maybe that is due to the chef!

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2021, 06:08:56 PM »
Nice purchase! I was thinking of getting cast iron grates next but I like the easier clean and maintenance on these. Does the flip up version stop at the foots where the grate sits on? I’d like to be able to spin the grate without it hanging up and having to lift it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk