Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's piss the neighbour off chicken leg quarters  (Read 335 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Let's piss the neighbour off chicken leg quarters
« on: November 01, 2021, 03:29:47 PM »
For once I managed to line up a day off without rain so it’s time to unapologetically light up the barbecue and enjoy cooking outside on a beautiful, quiet fall evening.

Lococo’s had some short-dated chicken leg quarters on sale so I got a package, a couple of sweet potatoes, got out the Montreal Chicken Spice and got my poor performer which is truly on its last legs lit up and cooking.  Gravy and broccoli are set up to start indoors soon once the chicken and sweet potatoes are a bit further along.

The Queen of Mean next door was outside smoking cigarettes until I came out and started setting up the barbecue.  That outrageous sight was so awful she crushed out her cigarette and retreated indoors. This travesty taking place the night after all those awful kids were out trick or treating which forced her to retreat indoors as well.  How horrible. I wonder what she’s going to vandalize next in retaliation?  My car? My house?

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Let's piss the neighbour off chicken leg quarters
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 03:32:39 PM »
Offer Karen a plate of chicken and make her your friend. Then you can smoke together and neither one feel scandalized or vandalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »
Queen of mean. [emoji23][emoji867]her
I would grill more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
And the end results are:

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 04:44:45 PM »
Offer Karen a plate of chicken and make her your friend. Then you can smoke together and neither one feel scandalized or vandalized.

The issue is she's over the last five or six years, I'd say since 2016 turned into a nasty, miserable piece of work and gotten worse as time's passed.  She's vandalized (cut, and in one case, unplugged) my back yard's outdoor lighting three times in the last year.  I talked about it in the Lost that grilling feeling thread in the other part of the forum.

I would grill more.

I plan to.  The weather forecast for the next week is clear and I'm on vacation, so I'm going to enjoy cooking outdoors.  Tomorrow's a bit of a day off with leftovers from tonight for lunch and then I'm visiting friends for dinner, but Wednesday I'm planning to roast squash and onions for soup and then something else for dinner.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 04:45:38 PM »
Looks amazing!  I take my neighbors bbq all the time.  Gotta respond with a smile, no matter what the response.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 11:28:30 PM »
Chicken looks great! She’s pissed because she knows she ain’t getting any after cutting your lights out. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 03:33:50 PM »

The issue is she's over the last five or six years, I'd say since 2016 turned into a nasty, miserable piece of work and gotten worse as time's passed.  She's vandalized (cut, and in one case, unplugged) my back yard's outdoor lighting three times in the last year.  I talked about it in the Lost that grilling feeling thread in the other part of the forum.

I would grill more.

I plan to.  The weather forecast for the next week is clear and I'm on vacation, so I'm going to enjoy cooking outdoors.  Tomorrow's a bit of a day off with leftovers from tonight for lunch and then I'm visiting friends for dinner, but Wednesday I'm planning to roast squash and onions for soup and then something else for dinner.

The best revenge is a chicken well grilled. 8)
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.