Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just dumb.  (Read 1263 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Just dumb.
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:29:24 AM »
I am not really in the market to buy another grill, my Weber does it all for me but if I had another Weber I would use it along with my platinum for multi-grill cooks....and once in a while I will check the threads about all the great deals/steals you guys are finding on Craigs list etc. and it makes me want to check the listings here in Vegas to see if I can get something for cheap. For whatever reason the other residents of Las Vegas are just plain stupid when it comes to grills! All the listings on C.L. are dumb. The people are trying to sell a silver for 5 bucks less than I can get one at Home Depot, and a gold goes for the list price. :o The worst offenders will list an old beatup Weber for the price of a new one out of the box. It is no wonder that I will see a listing that has been in there for a couple of months that has never sold , these people must not realize that while Weber kettles are in my oppinion the best grills made, they are not rare, and for 99 bucks can be picked up anywhere. I guess it's like used cars....when I lived in Michigan you could buy used cars cheap, out here you can't buy an old beater unless you want to pay though the nose. RANT,RANT,RANT >:(
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Just dumb.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:58:18 AM »
Come back to Michigan OTP, we would welcome you with open arms.......
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »
I know what you're saying.
I see SJs listed anywhere from $45-65!! Well, I can go to Lowe's or HD and get one for $40 + tax.
Not sure where they're buying them originally or getting their information.
I don't bother emailing them to tell them that they are out of touch with the pricing.  ???
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:17:14 AM »
You have a valid rant. You even see a little of that problem everywhere, just not to the same level. I like some of the older grills but I look at my purchase of new Weber's as my contribution to creating the collectors of tomorrow. :)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 02:29:10 PM »
If it is fairly new and they want retail for it i will offer less, if they turn it down oh well.  What used to be a buyers market is turning into a sellers market.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »
Thats cause they are trying to pay off their gambling debts. :D

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA