Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)  (Read 17331 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
Re: WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2022, 02:10:39 AM »
Is this still the Weber kettle club or a bitch session because I’m about sick of it. The entire club is built around rrr and yet nobody can get through the difficult problems of a new grill.

Everyone whines about give me something special in a color I want and then when it comes out every one bitches about the price. Well, it is what it is   Buy it or don’t. But Weber has given you what you’ve always wanted. It’s there for the taking people. Please support these 70th or you will only see basic black for the next 70 years if Weber could even survive that. Get with it people and support an American company and support the basic principles of this club.

What else can I say ?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2022, 05:58:16 AM »
I for one welcome all of the comments, because it's through these reports that Weber can isolate and understand the issue. I think that
there is an expectation that should come with a high profile release such as this and if there are deficiencies, then Weber would be the
first to want to know. My experience has been they will always stand by their product and ensure consumer satisfaction is met. My
hope is that even though they are now a public company that the values put forth and loyalty to the customers continues for years to come.
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2022, 06:18:57 AM »
Brand new lids always feel weird to me. They never seem to fit real well.  I think we get used to cooking on our old grills with a nice built up layer of grease.  If a lid just flat out doesn’t fit, then yea that’s an issue.  I appreciate everyone’s feedback on grills and love seeing all the pics, keep them coming. 

New colors look great! Congratulations to all that have jumped in and pulled the trigger. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 08:44:05 PM by Josh G »

Nitro

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2022, 10:36:48 AM »
I never complained about the price of the grill until it showed up with a lid that doesn’t fit.  I would understand if it was an old used grill.  I’m just having trouble with it coming right out of the box that way.  As soon as we accept this poor quality than we allow Weber lower their standards and cheapen the brand.   This will be an opportunity for their customer service to shine. 

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2022, 11:57:02 AM »
I do not have one of these nor do I have one on order. But, I feel that at a premium price they should have premium packaging. Including double layer corrugated boxes, extra cardboard or bubble wrap between the lid and bowl and boxes packaged with the leg sockets up.
Even when doing all of the above UPS and FedEx can still find a way to damage them but it may cut down on the amount of complaints.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2022, 12:04:00 PM »
Is this still the Weber kettle club or a bitch session because I’m about sick of it. The entire club is built around rrr and yet nobody can get through the difficult problems of a new grill.

Everyone whines about give me something special in a color I want and then when it comes out every one bitches about the price. Well, it is what it is   Buy it or don’t. But Weber has given you what you’ve always wanted. It’s there for the taking people. Please support these 70th or you will only see basic black for the next 70 years if Weber could even survive that. Get with it people and support an American company and support the basic principles of this club.

What else can I say ?

Bitching about people bitching and wondering if this is the WKC or a bitch fest…hmmm.  Telling people that the high price “is what it is” so “buy it or don’t” but then telling people to go out and buy it to support Weber so we get more colors. Lots of irony and contradictions is this post. 

Not everyone can afford this grill. I, for one, am trying to sell stuff out of my collection to try and get a blue or green.  Might not happen but I am trying.  I guess if it doesn’t happen, I’m not a supporting the basic principles of this club?! Come on now! As far as people complaining…when paying that premium of a price, these grills are going to have to be pretty near perfect out of the box and if they aren’t the consumer has every right to complain. My hope is that they will go to Weber to see how it can be made right before taking it to social media but no matter what, they have every right to complain if it’s warranted.  Weber needs to know the issues to avoid them for future products and runs.  If there are problems with the grills out of the box, it won’t matter how many colors Weber gives us, people won’t be buying them if quality out of the box, for that price, is taking a hit.  That is the last thing Weber or any of us collectors wants. Having said all of that I am hearing almost all positives for these out of the box and hope I am able to save some $$ up before they are gone!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 12:08:55 PM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »
I like my Diner Green kettle, glad I bought it.  Hell I might even cook on it some day.[emoji2]

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2022, 04:54:35 PM »
I wanna see some cooks on these bad boys haha.

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2022, 05:09:42 PM »
I need lots of pictures in different lighting conditions. Basically a grill fashion show. Thinking about the Blue but just
cannot decide, really had my heart set on the Diner Green but I was hoping for closer to the Avocado in look. 
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2022, 11:16:05 AM »
First cook - Grass fed short ribs from a western Virginia farm.  The fat cap is as yellow as the grill

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2022, 11:36:54 AM »
Are you banking coals on that?  True test!  Also interested if the color changes when hot like the oldies.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 11:56:03 AM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2022, 12:08:07 PM »

I need lots of pictures in different lighting conditions. Basically a grill fashion show. Thinking about the Blue but just
cannot decide, really had my heart set on the Diner Green but I was hoping for closer to the Avocado in look.
Here’s a few of the Diner Green next to my Glen Blue.  Maybe these will help with your decision.  I’m really digging this green.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2022, 12:10:57 PM »
Couple more….

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2022, 12:24:45 PM »
And with the Yachtsman….

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2022, 01:12:02 PM »
@bamakettles My typical haphazard snake with a little airspace at the sidewall.  Running at 275-300F with no discernible color change (Not sure what temp the old yellows blushed).

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:39:03 PM by cigarman20 »
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador