Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)  (Read 17335 times)

ba843

• Smokey Joe
Re: WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2022, 04:26:01 PM »
I guess I’m in the minority but I was game regardless of price. I just really dug the concept. Yellow Weber > 2 nice dinners out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Instagram: @ba843

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2022, 04:35:43 PM »
Price was a big factor for me as well, almost  $500 after tax.  I am looking forward to seeing cooks done on these grills.  The other factor was I found a really nice gourmet for was less the the 70th kettles.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2022, 05:02:05 PM »

That is great news!!!  @MoparProud is the gray a matte finish?  In the pictures I have seen it almost looks like it does not have the same sheen as the other colors.

Yeah it’s a duller finish. Although they were inside but seems they have a similar finish to the copper/maroon/green they also offer. Standard black is far shinier.

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2022, 07:17:26 AM »

That is great news!!!  @MoparProud is the gray a matte finish?  In the pictures I have seen it almost looks like it does not have the same sheen as the other colors.

Yeah it’s a duller finish. Although they were inside but seems they have a similar finish to the copper/maroon/green they also offer. Standard black is far shinier.

This is accurate. The Hollywood Gray 70th Kettle has a less glossy finish than the other 70th kettles, and also contains some mica to give it a subtle sparkle. #IworkforWeber

MattB1981

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2022, 08:18:57 AM »
I see a lot of people based in the USA complaining about the price, and I got to say that I think you had a gravy train in the past and these kind of prices are here to stay.

I don’t live in the US so take this with a bit of ignorance, but according to google it seems like US pays relatively highly for the majority of jobs vs other countries, and cost of things are based on this.

If you’re paying $100 US for a brisket ($5/lb), how can you expect a metal, hand painted coloured porcelain enamel product with distribution and at least a 10Y life expectancy to cost $150-200?

Australia pays >$400 US for a 22” kettle as normal, and we know that’s not all just the extra shipping. I honestly think the US prices will rise, particularly if Weber can’t automate the colour coatings.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 08:23:24 AM by MattB1981 »

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2022, 11:51:45 AM »
@Jburns , Since you are part of the WKC family now, if you can pull some strings behind the scenes and send a priority request to the head source of Weber, to give all WKC members a $200 discount on each 70th Anniversary

Edition Kettle purchase. (10,000 strong!) That would be an amazing feat.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2022, 11:57:32 AM »
If you’re paying $100 US for a brisket ($5/lb), how can you expect a metal, hand painted coloured porcelain enamel product with distribution and at least a 10Y life expectancy to cost $150-200?

I am paying $3.99 / lb, for USDA Prime Brisket. For Wagyu, it's around $4.59 / lb.

We paid $30 for our Kettle, in 1979. The CPI numbers show that this same kettle today should cost $127.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2022, 06:04:02 PM »
Well I drank too much last night and talked myself into buying the yellow. It should be here Thursday!

Was it the price tag to ponder ? Sure it was but I’ve spent $800 on a LEGO set that can’t cook food for my family. Beer makes you think clearly so it was an easy decision.

I guess I’d really like to have all of them and that’s when the price tag hurts. I thought yellow was the best bet since we’ve had nothing like it for a while. If I could get them all my order next would be the blue then green and lastly the gray. I’d really have to see that on in person.

I hope to post pics soon. We were one of the first on here to get the glen blue and it was damaged. I hope the 22 goes better since it’s smaller.

MattB1981

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2022, 06:28:11 PM »

I am paying $3.99 / lb, for USDA Prime Brisket. For Wagyu, it's around $4.59 / lb.

We paid $30 for our Kettle, in 1979. The CPI numbers show that this same kettle today should cost $127.

Logic still stands at $3.99 / lb. You pay $80 for a big brisket that lasts 3 days, yet think $400 for something you’ll probably cook tens of thousands of dollars worth of food on over its life is too much.

The average household in the United States spends $61,334 a year on expenses. That’s around $90,000 AUD. Australia min wage is about $28k USD and we pay over $400 USD for a kettle. Most stuff hasn’t only increased by CPI.

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2022, 06:48:56 PM »

Well I drank too much last night and talked myself into buying the yellow. It should be here Thursday!

Was it the price tag to ponder ? Sure it was but I’ve spent $800 on a LEGO set that can’t cook food for my family. Beer makes you think clearly so it was an easy decision.

I guess I’d really like to have all of them and that’s when the price tag hurts. I thought yellow was the best bet since we’ve had nothing like it for a while. If I could get them all my order next would be the blue then green and lastly the gray. I’d really have to see that on in person.

I hope to post pics soon. We were one of the first on here to get the glen blue and it was damaged. I hope the 22 goes better since it’s smaller.

Love it. That’s usually my rationale as well. I bet Amazon makes half its money on alcohol influenced decisions haha

BeigeCaulk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2022, 03:37:13 AM »
Gorgeous grills. However, I can't justify the price.  I'll stick with my clean 2014 crimson kettle grill, that I clean last night.  I love the green and the cobalt blue.

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2022, 05:56:01 AM »

LOL OMG I love this!

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2022, 07:31:09 AM »
I love the colors but $440 plus tax is way too much for me as well for a kettle. In general Weber prices have gone through the roof recently. $570 for a two burner Spirit, $1000 for the cheapest 3 burner Genesis, $580 for a Performer, ..... I stick with my used colorful grills and always keep an eye out for other used ones.
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »

Can't wait to see your pics of the yellow!!! 

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2022, 10:17:13 AM »
They will be $400 at Lowe's when it is available. At least here in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area, hopefully.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=weber+70th+anniversary+edition+kettle