Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My 1st Ever Kettle in my Lifetime! "Yoda"!  (Read 855 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: My 1st Ever Kettle in my Lifetime! "Yota"!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 06:22:00 AM »
Very nice kettle!  Be sure to share your first cook here, would love to see it.

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
Re: My 1st Ever Kettle in my Lifetime! "Yoda"!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »
Thank You @OkieGirl and @bamakettles will do.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:25:34 AM by Samuel Sandoval »

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 04:32:25 PM »
Always wanted a Limited Edition Green Head!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:25:01 AM by Samuel Sandoval »

vader

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 04:46:17 AM »
Time to get it dirty!

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2021, 07:57:59 AM »
I did not like the size of Weber Charcoal Baskets so I ordered an Original Slow-N-Sear today.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2021, 09:10:22 AM »
I did not like the size of Weber Charcoal Baskets so I ordered an Original Slow-N-Sear today.

You will love the slow n sear.  You might consider the drip n griddle too, but not totally necessary.  You can use foil for easy cleaning....

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2021, 09:49:12 AM »

You will love the slow n sear.  You might consider the drip n griddle too, but not totally necessary.  You can use foil for easy cleaning....

Yes I have heard great things about them. The drip n griddle is pretty pricey, how do you think the porcelain one would work it is a little less in price? Any pros and cons between the two?

I am still working on mods for my kettle.
I picked an igrill mini thermometer brand new off a Women on FBM, that bought it new, and could not pair it to her phone so she sold it to me for half price. It paired with my phone without issue. Looking forward to giving that a go also.

Thank you for your reply.                                                           

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 11:13:59 AM »

Yes I have heard great things about them. The drip n griddle is pretty pricey, how do you think the porcelain one would work it is a little less in price? Any pros and cons between the two?

I am still working on mods for my kettle.
I picked an igrill mini thermometer brand new off a Women on FBM, that bought it new, and could not pair it to her phone so she sold it to me for half price. It paired with my phone without issue. Looking forward to giving that a go also.

Thank you for your reply.                                                           

I only have the stainless DNG, have no experience with the porcelain pan.  I always cover mine with foil and clean it afterward anyway.  For my $$ I'd buy the stainless once rather than risking rust.  On my 26 I only use foil since they don't make a DNG for that size and it works fine.  You might want to just try foil and see if that's satisfactory for your needs.  Have fun!

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2021, 05:35:35 AM »
Added a "New" Dragon Wing.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2021, 05:44:56 AM »
have you cooked on it yet ?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 05:49:58 AM »
Added a "New" Dragon Wing.
I have that and used it last year on our beach trip.  (sorry for the sideways pics in browser view)  I think the best feature of the table is the utensil hooks to hang spatulas and tongs.  Let's see some cooks!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:53:43 AM by bamakettles »

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 06:12:08 AM »
have you cooked on it yet ?

Not Yet Jeb,
I am still building and adding mods to my liking.
Still need something to hold up the Lid for I can not put it on my Deck Box when it is hot.
Ordered and waiting on an iGrill bracket and a probe port cover for my iGrill mini.
Ordered and waiting on my Slow-N-Sear.
Still need Charcoal Starter  Chimney (I wonder if I can do without this.?).
Need a charcoal rake.
So I am still getting up to speed.

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »
Hey Sam, does your lid not have the hook on the inside of the lid to hang it off the edge of the kettle? It should be where the vent holes are. It does take a little bit of practice to do it smoothly every time; just develop the muscle memory before you fire up the grill. Also, get a 2nd set of long tongs and make ‘em “charcoal only”. You’ll find them useful for a number of things.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2021, 03:05:26 PM »
@Huh?? ,
    Yes it does have the hook. I did not know if I should trust it. The last thing I wanted to do was drop the lid and dent it.
Now that you mention it  I have my daily Weber Tongs I use, but I also have some extra pairs of tongs that came free with my King Kong grill covers I bought for some of my gassers. That is a great idea, I did not think of that. (duh!)(face plant).

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
In my best imitation voice “Nice kettle you have”

Greens are my favorite

Dude, relax your chicken.