Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally, SUCCESS with Pizza!  (Read 192 times)

brucemcclure

• Smokey Joe
    • My company's website
Finally, SUCCESS with Pizza!
« on: June 27, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
Many of you have followed my pizza saga since I got my Performer and joined the forum. This story has had enough twists and turns to make Dostoevsky weak in the knees and have to steady himself on the furniture. Tonight...it was good eating.

Got my kettle up to 500F, dropped the stone on (gently, of course) and got that to temp. Two baskets of charcoal, off to the side to keep temp up. Bottom damper set to 3/4, top wide open, vent opposite the coals. We kept the dough thinner this time. First pizza on (a GF for the kids) and boom...we had a good one. Kids enjoyed it; The 12-Year Old Child To Whom I Am Related By Marriage ™️ complimented me on learning more about the grill. I probably took it off about 3 minutes too early, but it's gone...so it must have been good.

My wife's vegan pizza cooked great, but the cheese didn't melt quite as well (which is to be expected with a vegan cheese...happens all the time here).

On to mine, using a thinner, glutinous crust. Got the kettle back up to temp, slid the pizza in and off we went. It cooked marvelously.

Unfortunately, no pics as we ate quickly. But it was a huge success after two problematic starts.

Next up, getting my vortex (a Prime Day purchase) and figuring out wings!
I’m just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ball club. I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Finally, SUCCESS with Pizza!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 08:10:48 PM »
Very good, congrats!  Vortex chicken is less stressful and lots of fun.  We love wings, thighs and kettle KFC.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

brucemcclure

• Smokey Joe
    • My company's website
Re: Finally, SUCCESS with Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 02:23:31 AM »
That's going to be my next request for advice...tips with the Vortex.
I’m just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ball club. I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out.