Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sidekick table hardware question  (Read 370 times)

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
Sidekick table hardware question
« on: April 09, 2021, 04:44:35 AM »
I picked up a Sidekick table over the winter.  It has the bracket that attaches to the bowl, but it's missing the leg brace.  Can someone with a Sidekick measure the length/diameter of the leg brace?  Thanks!
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

Cellar2ful

Re: Sidekick table hardware question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:08:39 AM »

The overall length of the support rod is 18".  The original is made of 1/2" round stock aluminum. Both ends (1") are crimped flat with U cut outs to fit over the screws of the leg clamps and shelf bracket.  The crimped ends are positioned 90 degrees opposite each other.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 07:23:01 AM »
Perfect. Thanks!

The overall length of the support rod is 18".  The original is made of 1/2" round stock aluminum. Both ends (1") are crimped flat with U cut outs to fit over the screws of the leg clamps and shelf bracket.  The crimped ends are positioned 90 degrees opposite each other.
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 03:55:10 PM »
Circling back on this . . .

I had a length of 1/2" copper pipe on hand, so I cut it to size, hammered the ends and ground out the screw slot.  I used an insulated clamp from HD's electrical dept. to attach the rod to the leg.  I'll have to do a little fine tuning, but 10 minutes of work and $1.68 in parts got it functional.

Drew Z.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 03:42:29 AM »
Circling back on this . . .

I had a length of 1/2" copper pipe on hand, so I cut it to size, hammered the ends and ground out the screw slot.  I used an insulated clamp from HD's electrical dept. to attach the rod to the leg.  I'll have to do a little fine tuning, but 10 minutes of work and $1.68 in parts got it functional.

Damn fine job !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 07:25:58 AM »

Nice fabrication.  Thank you for taking the time to post and explain the procedure.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 06:53:38 PM »
Good looking side kick. Nice job on the brace too

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk