Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Backyard Life Gear griddle plate  (Read 225 times)

bait

• Smokey Joe
Backyard Life Gear griddle plate
« on: May 24, 2021, 07:45:41 PM »
Anyone have any experience with this griddle (or the company making/selling it)?

https://backyardlifegear.com/products/griddle-plate-for-weber-kettle-charcoal-grill-18-inch-22-5-inch-26-inch?variant=31678575837226

I’ve been long considering the Hunsaker griddle, but this caught my eye. I like the flat edge along the back, but I wonder about managing grease with this design. Thoughts?

Edit: Did some more sleuthing, looks like it’s made in the USA (MN).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 08:05:56 PM by bait »

Nasoj21

• Smokey Joe
Re: Backyard Life Gear griddle plate
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
I just made smash burgers last night this would have been perfect. Instead I just through a large pan on the grill.
I would for sure have had a lot of grease running off with this though. But I can clean the mess.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 03:01:18 AM »
With either design managing grease won't be that different. You will want to put a aluminum basket or tray under the hole in the front. The hunsaker might be slightly easier for the tray placement but at the cost if cooking space.  The hunsaker is fairly popular from a cost standpoint.  I have one myself.  The back lip on this one would be fairly handy but it is just if it is worth it to you or not.

With me having a hunsaker, I wish I had a griddle that had a flat back like this one but also an edge welded all around the sides for grease management. The griddles for a charcoal grill are handy to have.  I tend to break it out for larger groups on smash burgers and run the Blackstone 22 for toppings.  Otherwise I tend to use the Blackstone as it is just handier in use.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

bait

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 06:31:51 PM »
Well, after sleeping on it for a couple nights, I decided to order it. I'm excited see how it works.