Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chili in the Dutch Oven  (Read 190 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Chili in the Dutch Oven
« on: March 14, 2021, 10:28:41 AM »
We got away this weekend to our house “Seekin’ Sanity” been grilling since we got here but never took any pictures until today.

The wife packed some peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, potato’s , ribs, ground chuck, and chicken. but FORGOT THE BEER! But I’ll keep her anyway lol.

1st night Grilled the chicken, ribs and  had potato salad

2nd night Grilled no meat for the wife but I had leftover chicken and picked apart what was left for Saturday lunch

3rd night reheated the ribs on the grill as well as a grilled potato salad with onion chives, bacon, EVVO, and garlic. I also grilled peppers, onion and tomato for the next day.

Well today’s grill I finally remembered to take some pictures. I used some leftover ribs about 1/2 slab, 1lb of ground chuck, 1 can of chili beans, 1/2 pack of chill mix seasoning,

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chili in the Dutch Oven
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 10:35:21 AM »
Awesome!  Such a great pot. I use ours frequently. The leftover ribs is a nice touch.  What size is your big Dutch oven at home?  I need to get that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 11:49:52 AM »

Awesome!  Such a great pot. I use ours frequently. The leftover ribs is a nice touch.  What size is your big Dutch oven at home?  I need to get that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

I have (2) of the 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven model number “L8DOL3”, (1) of the 7 Quart Cast Iron model number “L10DOL3”, and (1) 12 Inch / 6 Quart Cast Iron Camp Dutch Oven model number “L12CO3”.

I’ve only used the 6 Quart Camp once or twice but plan on doing some Irish soda bread on it soon.

I really like cast iron a lot. I use the pans all the time on the grill.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 04:04:51 AM »
looking good, at least you don't have to cut any grass yet
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 05:16:38 PM »
Sounds like a great get away with the wife!

No beer?  Lol you need beer when grilling, well that’s the way I grill anyway.

Cheers