Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available  (Read 813 times)

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
Re: Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 09:12:14 PM »
Also, the spit rod is crap.  I think even unsafe.  I ordered this instead:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012DNJX0Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Go Anywhere Rotisseries Now Available
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 11:56:43 PM »
Thanks I guess I’ll pass. Anyone have a good link for an 18” rotisserie instead?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 07:40:06 AM »
Sent an email to OnlyFire and have not gotten a response as of yet.  So I called Amazon and they are sending me another one at no charge.  We'll see how it goes!

Also, I measured the mount and it's 3".  Not sure why the difference in width for Weber and others.... I thought they were all the same.  So far this experience makes me happy to have a Weber brand rotisserie for my 22" kettles.  I know if I need support I can talk to someone that cares and is available. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:42:38 AM by bamakettles »

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 08:04:10 AM »

Also, I measured the mount and it's 3".  Not sure why the difference in width for Weber and others.... I thought they were all the same. 

Sounds like you have a standard 3” mount on the only fire stamped bracket.  Which is the same for onegrill roti mounts and motors. What’s the mount distance on a Weber roti motor and bracket?

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 11:15:54 AM »
https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/cajun-bandit-18-5-charcoal-kettle-and-weber-smokey-mountain-rotisserie/

https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/cajun-bandit-18-5-charcoal-kettle-and-weber-smokey-mountain-rotisserie-with-electric-motor/

@blu082003
Cajun Bandit roti rings are top quality and they have excellent customer service. I own the 22” CB roti ring and use it about once a month.
CB ring can also used on WSM.

CB roti motor is sourced from OneGrill.com
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:18:13 AM by AZ2FL »

Skinsfan1311

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 05:14:41 AM »
I wrote a review under the name Jeremy.  I ordered 4 of these:

1)  Sent sent the wrong item.  They sent a spatula kit.  I was in Kazakhstan at the time and my wife had no idea what I ordered and said something came.  By the time I was finally back for a vacation, I realized the sent the wrong item.  It was too late to return.  Out almost $100.

2) When I was back for my for week USA visit, I wanted one still.  Can’t lest sunk costs drive future decisions...  Ordered one and put it together and it didn’t fit.  Sent it back and got money back.

3) I was demobilized from Kazakhstan in September.  I knew I was going to be in the USA for several months minimum.  I was going to only have my CGA so I wanted versatility.  Ordered another one.  This one BARELY fit, but I could put it on consistently.  Thought everything was good.  Then got ready to use it and the motor didn’t work.

4) Called Amazon and they sent another unit, swapped the motor, and sent the new unit back with the broken motor (per their instructions).  Finally have a working unit!

I returned to Kazakhstan in January, but in three months did tons of cooks.  Honestly I think it does better pulled pork than my Summit Charcoal...

Thanks for sharing.     

How long do the batteries last?

How large were the pork roasts and how did the grill handle all of the grease? 

What else did you cook? 
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 08:51:31 AM »

I wrote a review under the name Jeremy.  I ordered 4 of these:

1)  Sent sent the wrong item.  They sent a spatula kit.  I was in Kazakhstan at the time and my wife had no idea what I ordered and said something came.  By the time I was finally back for a vacation, I realized the sent the wrong item.  It was too late to return.  Out almost $100.

2) When I was back for my for week USA visit, I wanted one still.  Can’t lest sunk costs drive future decisions...  Ordered one and put it together and it didn’t fit.  Sent it back and got money back.

3) I was demobilized from Kazakhstan in September.  I knew I was going to be in the USA for several months minimum.  I was going to only have my CGA so I wanted versatility.  Ordered another one.  This one BARELY fit, but I could put it on consistently.  Thought everything was good.  Then got ready to use it and the motor didn’t work.

4) Called Amazon and they sent another unit, swapped the motor, and sent the new unit back with the broken motor (per their instructions).  Finally have a working unit!

I returned to Kazakhstan in January, but in three months did tons of cooks.  Honestly I think it does better pulled pork than my Summit Charcoal...

Thanks for sharing.     

How long do the batteries last?

How large were the pork roasts and how did the grill handle all of the grease? 

What else did you cook?

I don’t know how long they will last.  I am still on my first set with many all day cooks.  No complaints there.

I think they were 3-5 lbs.  It could do 8 lbs no problem.

My setup was to take the “straight part” of the charcoal basket and put it on the side closest to me.  I closed that bottom vent.  Next to that on the charcoal grate I made an aluminum foil “box bottom” by looking up how to fold paper boxes.  This pretty much sealed off the area under the food.  Then i put a drip pan for the summit gas grill on that.  If I was smoking I would put in water.  I will take detailed pictures of my setup when I return to the USA next week.

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 08:57:55 AM »
Here are some pictures of the food I cooked.

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 08:58:50 AM »
That last picture gives a pretty good view of the setup.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 09:05:19 AM »
those are some good looking cooks @NL_Weber_fan
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 11:06:18 AM »
Very nice cooks @NL_Weber_fan .....I'm still hoping to use mine soon.  The saga continues for me, much like your experience.  I like your setup and may try something similar....

To update this thread, I received a replacement unit from Amazon - battery powered motor does EXACTLY the same thing.  Motor hums, spit rod port does not move.  So, I decided to take one of the motors apart.  Motor is fine, but inside the gear box the small plastic gear that is on the motor armature is cracked - not all the way top to bottom, just in one tooth causing it to jam on the connecting gear.  I attempted fixing it and I actually have it working, although I'm sure it's not dependable, especially with weight on the spit rod.

Last try, I emailed onlyfire and requested an electric motor unit (not battery powered) and they are sending me one FOC.