Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My red SS got a makeover!  (Read 1228 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
My red SS got a makeover!
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
Well with the help of this forum and all it's great tutorials I was able to restore my SS performer to almost its original state. 

I broke it down to the frame, washed everything. The bowl got scraped clean with a razor blade, then took a bath in a trash bag with oven cleaner.

I followed the guides and took the stainless down with a 220-320-400 sandpaper scrub. After that i used grade #000 then #0000 stainless steel wool. The collar also got the same treatment.

After that I painted the frame with gloss black cheap stuff. Then it was time to add a few red accents because I wanted it to be my style.

The parts missing were added, lid rollers, thermometer holder, tube end caps, ash pan and collar. It was missing a bunch of stuff.

It still needs a set of Brian's handles, fill the rusted through areas with JB weld, some high heat red to cover that, new regulator setup and 11lb propane tank like gummi used.

It's dark so these pics will have to do until tomorrow. It's also got dew all over it from the temp change.

Very happy with it!

Before

After

With little sister

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
Re: My red SS got a makeover!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:53:26 PM »
Looks great man!

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: My red SS got a makeover!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:28:10 PM »
Pimp my Performer. :)

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA