Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Acquisition Questions  (Read 2526 times)

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rotisserie Acquisition Questions
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 05:51:46 AM »
No need to get a tight seal for rotisserie. I have 2 rotis, a spitfire grilling roti for the 26er and a a weber roti with tabs that rest on the bowl for the 22.  The Weber was a gift 17 years ago, is not a tight seal and I have been doing roti all these years with it, including the last 10 Thanksgivings.  It's not low and slow and therefore not necessary to monitor pit  temps like a low and slow cook.  The motor is better than battery imo, if only to not have to worry about batteries dying out during a cook or running last minute to a store to grab batteries before a cook.  Still using the original motor that came with the Weber. 

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Do you have pics of set up and a link to what you use for the 26er?

Always fancied one, but the associated costs for a ring shipped to the UK have always been the stumbling block.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The pics are on an older dead phone.  But here are the links to facebook page and etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SpitfireGrilling/sold?ref=pagination&page=13

https://m.facebook.com/Spitfire-Grilling-107068954143577/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 03:49:36 AM »
Great.  After reading this now I want a rotisserie!
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 05:25:49 AM »

Great.  After reading this now I want a rotisserie!

They yield great results!  No question about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 06:15:19 AM »
"ROTISSERIE" top 3 accessories for the kettle end of sentence
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »
I recently purchased the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit with Electric Motor for my 22" Weber Performer Deluxe and what sets-it-apart for me from the Weber one is that the Rotisserie Ring that fits on the kettle is Stainless Steel. I did ask Mr. Chris at Cajun Bandit if I could solely purchase another Rotisserie Ring for my 18" WSM but he said "NO-Way-Jose". Except for the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring the rest of the Kit are products from One Grill.com and these can be purchased directly from One Grill.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 02:09:32 PM by MANCHAS2020 »

Bearded

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2020, 07:36:20 AM »
Does the documentation give a weight for the electric motor. I can't find anything on their site and I haven't heard back from their support.

The AC motor says 50lbs balanced. I imagine the electric is less but curious how much less.

I recently purchased the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit with Electric Motor for my 22" Weber Performer Deluxe and what sets-it-apart for me from the Weber one is that the Rotisserie Ring that fits on the kettle is Stainless Steel. I did ask Mr. Chris at Cajun Bandit if I could solely purchase another Rotisserie Ring for my 18" WSM but he said "NO-Way". Except for the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring the rest of the Kit are products from One Grill.com and these can be purchased directly from One Grill.

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2020, 07:53:09 AM »
Does the documentation give a weight for the electric motor. I can't find anything on their site and I haven't heard back from their support.

The AC motor says 50lbs balanced. I imagine the electric is less but curious how much less.

I recently purchased the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit with Electric Motor for my 22" Weber Performer Deluxe and what sets-it-apart for me from the Weber one is that the Rotisserie Ring that fits on the kettle is Stainless Steel. I did ask Mr. Chris at Cajun Bandit if I could solely purchase another Rotisserie Ring for my 18" WSM but he said "NO-Way". Except for the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring the rest of the Kit are products from One Grill.com and these can be purchased directly from One Grill.
Only instruction guide provided was a "Do and don't" is using this Motor.  Go to the OneGrill.com site and you should receive more information on this matter.  MY understanding is that the Electric holds 50lbs balanced and the Battery Operated 25lbs balanced.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2020, 09:08:15 AM »
Ok, not to highjack the OP's thread, but I am almost certain I "need" a rotisserie now.  My question is should I get the 22" or the 26"?  I don't want to order and have any "regerts"...
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2020, 09:49:12 AM »
Ok, not to highjack the OP's thread, but I am almost certain I "need" a rotisserie now.  My question is should I get the 22" or the 26"?  I don't want to order and have any "regerts"...
Tough question, I have 2 Weber 22 roti's and love them but I am about to order a 26 from Cajun bandit as they are back in stock. It just depends on what you think you will be spinning. I have not met anything that my Weber won't spin but the last 2 huge turkeys I did was a strain
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bearded

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »
Hijack away [emoji854]

Thank you everyone for all of your advice and guidance.

I have ordered the electric motor rotisserie from Cajun Bandit.

It seems like I could have gone with any of the options but for me it came down to Cajun Bandit DC motor being cheaper and it gives me portability (plus I struggle to see myself spinning more than 25lbs). Plus it seemed to have more positive feedback. Although again all the options seem to be positive!

I look forward to posting my first practice turkey roti experience soon!

You all are awesome [emoji854]

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 10:08:06 AM »

I don't have a rotisserie and now I'm thinking I need one too.  I have 22"s, 26"s AND a 22" WSM.  When I pull the trigger, it will be the Cajun Bandit 22" so I can also pop it on the WSM if I want to.  I've read that it's the only one that is able to flip over and be used for the WSM as well.  I have enjoyed reading this thread Mr. OP!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »

I don't have a rotisserie and now I'm thinking I need one too.  I have 22"s, 26"s AND a 22" WSM.  When I pull the trigger, it will be the Cajun Bandit 22" so I can also pop it on the WSM if I want to.  I've read that it's the only one that is able to flip over and be used for the WSM as well.  I have enjoyed reading this thread Mr. OP!

Buy it, you'll love!

I own the electric 22" CB roti, it's never been used on my 22" WSM

Cheers

SlickRockStones

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2020, 11:13:57 AM »
I have the SS OnlyFire that’s on Amazon. SS motor has nice long cord. Ring fit is good with no gaps. Earlier tabbed style was said to have a gap. Lower price allows you to add the SS basket, an option I use the most. I have yet to spin a turkey so can’t comment on that.

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »

Yes. If you look at my pics earlier in this thread you can see the cutouts for the shaft at the bottom of the ring, they're rotated 90° from the top set. It inverts for the WSM, so you need to unbolt the motor plate & reinstall it at the other end when switching. Its just 4 wingnuts but I'd periodically remove clean & lube them with something because based on previous experience threads will bind up a LOT if you don't in a smoky environment.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:52:43 AM by Stoneage »

Bearded

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 06:57:23 PM »
Cajun Bandit has arrived and is assembled.

Hope to spin something here shortly and will post a write up of my experience.

Thanks again for all the input!